Putting On A K&N Pod Filter - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

General Tech Have a question that is not covered by one of the other categories? This is the forum for all other items not specifically covered in other categories.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-02-2003, 03:13   #1 (permalink)
Damien28

Putting On A K&N Pod Filter

is it ok to put a K&N pod filter onto a EB series 2 Fairmont?? because i fitted one just recently and i was just wondering if it was alright and wont stuff ne thing up. because i have seen al the talk on here about eec v and stuff and that is what it said on my standard airfilter, so are you not ment to take them off? can it stuff up the car taking the factory one away??

cheers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-02-2003, 04:28   #2 (permalink)

No taking the airbox out wont stuff anything up. Using a Pod air filter is fine, im not too sure how legal it is in some states. Another option yould be to get a K@N Pannel Filter and put it in your existing airbox. Then buy an AU2 xr8 snorkle (if you have a v8) or an XH snorkle (if you have an i6) and fit it in place of the old one.
PHoeNiX_EB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2003, 06:20   #3 (permalink)

you would be losing power, from not having proper cold air intake. The pod would be sucking all the thin hot air in the engine bay.

so get a proper cold air intake put in, gotta love the induction noise tho :)
snavy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2003, 23:53   #4 (permalink)
Damien28

HMHMMMMM..

so i would be actually losing power having it becuase it would be sucking the hot air.. DAMN i thought it would be better, may have to look into some cold air intake then..

cheers for the help guys

Damien
Old 02-03-2003, 04:46   #5 (permalink)
Oxford Green AU

Someone on here did a pod filter setup a while ago involving the pod filter inside the standard airbox. May be worth doing a search
Old 02-03-2003, 13:07   #6 (permalink)

Yeah thats what i have, I K&N pod filter in the airbox in My AU1. Pretty easy to do, had to run some different tubing however, that with a T series air intake and you've got the same as something like the one from ssinductions for less than half their asking price.
am_bad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2003, 18:08   #7 (permalink)
As Sober as Steve Bracks

Im thinking of doing a pod filter for mine, I was told you should run the pipework from the throttle body to the pod filter instead of the airbox, and then put the pod filter inside the guard??? Any one have pictures of a POD filter setup in an EA with MPFI?
XplodBoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2003, 19:06   #8 (permalink)
96 EF Futura

you are better off running the pod inside the airbox xplodboom, under the guard is a dirty, low pressure area, you wont notice anything except how often you will have to clean or replace the filter! A pod inside the engine bay is a waste of time also, as it is only sucking in the hot air from the engine bay. As said before, its best to have it inside a sealed airbox with a supply of fresh cool air from the front of the vehicle ( snorkel )

Lowered EF Futura
Black Steelies ( too cheap to buy proper mags )
SiX_iN_a_RoW is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech