Quality Control??????????? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

General Tech Have a question that is not covered by one of the other categories? This is the forum for all other items not specifically covered in other categories.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-25-2001, 22:38   #1 (permalink)
Australian Falcon Member

Quality Control???????????

I am a new owner of Fords. I have bought 3 new AU11 Fords in the last 6 months and what a disaster!!!!. They go great when going but to date:
XR6 Sedan VCT
* LSD - enough said.....seems to be problems for everyone
* A/C - didn't work when I picked it up

XLS Ute
* Cruise control stopped working
* Paint is peeling off

XR6 Ute VCT
* Gearbox has blown it seals, oil everywhere (this car is 6 weeks old)

I have a series of Jap utes and Euro cars and never have had these types of problems.....in fact no warranty problems ever!!!!
blackXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-26-2001, 13:53   #2 (permalink)

My neighbour who up until recently was a service advisor at a Ford dealer used to tell me that diffs and a/c were the major warranty problems with AUs, along with front suspension and the occasional alternator spitting the dummy.

____o00o_=^..^=_o00o____
Falchoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2001, 21:42   #3 (permalink)
BOF

We have never had an AU that hasnt been back for warranty work (all minor) Steering Box, oxygen senors, Diffs, Brakes, Manifold hole, gearbox seal, electric windows I can go on. Got a new AU2 Fairmont last week so will see how that goes. No problems with the new SR either and that about 4 weeks old now. Will keep everyone posted.
BOF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2001, 04:30   #4 (permalink)
1 bad 302

confused

My son's AU2 XR8 ute went in for it's first 15000 k service the other day.

Had a ticking noise,which could not be located. They took the heads off and all,but their parting comment was "looks like a new engine is the go".

This is under warranty so no cost to him. Also the cd player is only good for the tip,but could not be replaced due to "nil stock"

Are these common problems????????

Never had anything as serious as this with my EF XR8 (owned since new.nearly 7 years now)

Fords still rule.
dragonV8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2001, 14:38   #5 (permalink)
Turbo Pilot

Had my engine replaced in my AU2 XR8 ute after 3500Kms because of the mysterious 'ticking noise' (loudest between about 2000 and 3000 rpm). First they tried oversize pushrods and then replaced the engine. But don't get too excited, 'cause the new ones got the same noises too. :dead: :dead:
Old 11-28-2001, 03:54   #6 (permalink)
1 bad 302

confused

With a bit of luck,Ford may run out of AU2 XR8 engines for the utes and might end up getting the new 250 KW as replacements?

Wishfull thinking??????????????

Would be good P.R. work , i reckon. (LOL)
dragonV8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2001, 04:06   #7 (permalink)
Ex Member

might it have something to do with the 16million dollar loss and the resignation of the CEO last year?

I hope Ford australia will be running properly, i'd hate to see the aussi cars being replaced by the inferior american made varieties.
Fairlane Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech