Ford Forums banner

query on XE falcon

2K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  shane3 
#1 ·
my dad picked up an awesome XE this thing woulda been garaged its whole life easy

196,000 on clock (1982)
5speed :D and its reallly realllly smoooooooth
but only a 3.3L

now we dont really want to change it coz if u have a look at it, it all including the engine bay looks brannnnddd spanking new

now for now we were thinking to get extractors, exhaust, tinker with carby if not change it and maybe work on a different aqir intake setup but never really done bfor
also a lowering and a window tinting would be fit in there

#6 ·
stroke it.... u get to keep the same engine number

v8.... if you want more power, this is the way to go

any chance of getting pics?

#9 ·
My 3.3 has 415k and still going strong, hasn't had any major problems, besides a few clutches etc.. the oil is still gold when it's changed. Motor is stock, i have no idea's for mods sorry but i'd be interested to hear what you decide to do. aaand if you ever get some pix i'd love to see, what colour?

#10 ·
its not the best its that light creamy yellow

but thats also in showroom condition... lol
its just a really clean car (only reason my dad picked it up cheap was coz it was stolen) and ye they did lotsa burn outs and shit back tyres were fuked like hard lol

#11 ·
Sounds like oil in the water, what were the circumstances when buying it, how often was it driven, and by whom ? an oldy or some young idot ? , it may have a cracked head, and IF that is the case it may be worth trowing the motor away and dropping in an V8. having had XE'S and XF'S myself they are a great car to tinker with.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.