Question about gas on my EA - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

General Tech Have a question that is not covered by one of the other categories? This is the forum for all other items not specifically covered in other categories.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-17-2002, 23:32   #1 (permalink)
Finnaly back

Question about gas on my EA

When I got the car it was running on gas, I got a new fuel pump put in, but ever since then I always have problems with the gas, and now that my engine is stuffed and Im getting a recon engine Im just wondering should I hook the new one up 2 gas? or just petrol?
I get pretty much the same power out of it because its only centre point. but alot of ppl reakon those engines pack it in early running on gas, I dunno.....what does everyone reakon?
Chad_XF is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-17-2002, 23:48   #2 (permalink)
Last of the Good Ones

If you're getting it rebuilt, get it rebuilt for running on gas. This involves different valve gear and head gasket etc.

If I was you I would convert it to straight gas (GRA system) and get it totally set up for the one fuel where performance will increase a fair bit.
Old 07-18-2002, 01:40   #3 (permalink)
Finnaly back

the engine Im getting has already been rebuilt, he just has 2 put a set of new rings in and it will be done, so yeah....

1 of 10 Fords
Chad_XF is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech