question about vacum hose?? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

General Tech Have a question that is not covered by one of the other categories? This is the forum for all other items not specifically covered in other categories.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-06-2002, 00:40   #1 (permalink)

Tongue question about vacum hose??

ok, my airvents inside the car were not working, the only one that was was the dash. so i poped the bonnet and found 2 x vacum hoses disconencted, but... i could i find 1 plug to plug them in.

ok, so i turned the fan on, and i connected the black hose, fair enough, it worked, air blew threw. i diconnected it, and conencted the green hose. ehh, worked aswell. now, i have left the black one connected. and the green disconnected. if anyone has an EA, can u please check for me where the green one goes? thanks
GL PRO SOUND
www.glprosound.com.au
1LOWEA is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-06-2002, 04:17   #2 (permalink)
NB & NCII V8 Fairlanes

Some more clues please; i.e.
a) what side of the engine bay?
b) front or rear of the engine bay?
c) where do the other ends of the two hoses go?
Old 12-06-2002, 14:35   #3 (permalink)

aussiblue, there on the passenger side, in the engine bay, rear. they 2 hoses, green and black run into the wall which seperates the glove box part from the engine
GL PRO SOUND
www.glprosound.com.au
1LOWEA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2002, 17:04   #4 (permalink)
NZ
feed me hey

One hose goes directly to the intake manifold to provide vacumn to run the heater box. One goes on to the side of the thermostat where there is a rubber type connector. This has something to do with when the car starts to overheat it switched the A?C to recire mode to reduce the load on the A/C system a bit. The 3rd, i think also goes to the same rubber gromit, but I have no idea what it does. I also have no idea which hose are supposed to go where. Ill be watching this thread with interest.
NZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2002, 19:14   #5 (permalink)
donuts2001

Green one connects up to another tube which runs down to the vacuum water tap thingo, which looks like a brass cylinder on the water pipes for the heater(down near starter motor)

The black one is probably the one that connects to the tube running off from midway along the intake manifold if it has a plastic connector on the end.
Old 12-06-2002, 19:29   #6 (permalink)
Officially Bored with 347

Since we are on the subject can someone help me as to why i cannot change the setting from open to recirc it just stays on vent & wont change back..???

Member of the "TKTDSGM " Group..
svo347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2002, 19:37   #7 (permalink)

Thumbs down VENT BOX

you have a busted vent box
VERY VERY Common
Put your hand up the recess above the passengers feet. There is a plastic flat there. if it is loose, the connecting rod that operates it is busted.
They are about $150 new (no deals) and if you replace it properly you need to take the dash out.
As I said very common problem.

Chrispy
chrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2002, 02:32   #8 (permalink)

Yeah... I replaced mine about 2 months ago, and guess what?
It's broken AGAIN!
image is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2002, 07:38   #9 (permalink)
hank

Yup SVO 302, and the auto electrician's quick fix is to push the flap to recirc by hand and then run a self tapper thru the front of the vent box to prevent it spring returning to the fresh air position. Works great on an A/C car for the summer and beats the hell out of removing the dash, which is the source of my problem with the unknown destination of the black and mauve hoses on the RHS (near fuse box area).

So come on guys, someone must know! The black comes from a vacuum reservoir behind the fender, the mauve is from another vacuum actuator somewhere cos I sucked on it and could hear and feel it moving some flap. They are tied together with a plastic bracket which engages just above the steering shaft not far from the brake pedal, they aren't long enough to reach the central switch unit, so the mystery is where should they go???
Hank.
Old 12-10-2002, 05:11   #10 (permalink)
NB & NCII V8 Fairlanes

Three hoses come from the engine bay for factory fitted non climate control air con. The black one goes from the ported vacuum switch in the engine bay to port 6 on the 10 way connector on the heater case. The turquoise one goes from the heater tap in the engine bay to port 7 of the 10 way connector on the heater case.

Let me no if you have climate control or dealer rather than factory fitted air. Also note the colour coding is sometimes not followed they seemed to fit whatever coloured hose was available. Also tell me if its its MPEFI or CFI as there are minor differences.

The ports top to bottom are numbered as follows:

6 8 9
1 7 3 2
11 5 4
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech