Question for Ford Tech or whoever re: 97 Mustang - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

General Tech Have a question that is not covered by one of the other categories? This is the forum for all other items not specifically covered in other categories.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-29-2003, 17:54   #1 (permalink)
vortechsq1

Question Question for Ford Tech or whoever re: 97 Mustang

My brother recently purchased a 97 Mustang GT. After a few thousand miles the engine starting knocking really bad. (definitely a bottom end problem) The car was covered by a 60 day warranty, so he call the dealership and brought it back for them to diagnose and fix. They are giving him a hard time, telling him it's the transmission, top end, etc., and they don't want to fix it, even though it's under warranty. Their reason for not wanting to fix it is that they said they hooked the car up to a computer and were able to see that he was going 100 mph on a certain date. Now I've been around Mustangs for a while and since when did the on board computer start keeping track of the day, month, and year. My brother is a young kid and I think they are giving him the runaround because of it. Can anyone confirm that there is no way they can isolate how fast the car was going on a certain day? Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-30-2003, 09:04   #2 (permalink)
***** Idiot....

Re: Question for Ford Tech or whoever re: 97 Mustang

As far as I am aware that is not an option until OBD3 is out. Of course when the system throws a code it retains the information on the vehicle ie speeds and other information. I would suggest that he gets them to give him a print out to prove that he was doing this. They will not step up.

Besides if they can not diagnose the issues by giving a definate answer then they are taking a stab and dont know. I would require them to step up with a printout of the diagnostics sheet that shows this "speed" issue. Besides that is not a valid reason to deny a warranty issue.
LunaticSVT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2003, 09:13   #3 (permalink)
Looking in YOUR bathroom.

Re: Question for Ford Tech or whoever re: 97 Mustang

sounds very dodgy. id ask for proof of the diagnostics dump.

Ill take it as a complement i think.............
Walkinshaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2003, 10:05   #4 (permalink)
vortechsq1

Thanks guys, that's exactly what I thought. I'll be paying them a visit
Old 09-01-2003, 07:43   #5 (permalink)

Well, going 100mph shouldn't void ur warranty anyway! So what if he did? It's a Mustang, it SHOULD do 100mph, very easily too.
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech