A Question of Strength... - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

General Tech Have a question that is not covered by one of the other categories? This is the forum for all other items not specifically covered in other categories.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-23-2001, 11:22   #1 (permalink)
Copyright �2003

A Question of Strength...

I'm getting the supercharger fitted to the AUII XR8 (finally!), but have a question on strengthing the motor.

I don't want to go overboard but would like to have a little more piece of mind, so in your peoples opinion, what would be the best things to change/modify to help keep the 302 strong and healthy?
Grunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-23-2001, 11:26   #2 (permalink)
Copyright �2003

oops...

Keep in mind it's a daily driver and only given a hardtime in spurts and the occasional 10 laps on fun sprint days at the track.
Grunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2001, 12:19   #3 (permalink)

You shouldnt have to worry about anything! They can handle about 450Hp before needing to be strengthened. As you probably know you'll have to run 98 Octane fuel though.

The only thing your going to have to worry about is the Trans and the Diff.
Martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2001, 13:37   #4 (permalink)
paul

Yes exactly:As above.Maybe oil cooler?You don't want to open your engine do you? Boost relatively low? 6-8 Lp O/K
But you can add stud girdle that connects all the main bearing bolts together,Windage tray & crank srapper.If you want to but not essentual.To do that you would have to take motor out.If you are recon the motor thats a different story.My opinion o/k
Old 05-23-2001, 15:43   #5 (permalink)
TERRA359

i have au2 v8 supercharged.
WATCH THE TUNING!!!!!!!!!!!
i am currently rebuilding my v8 due to leaning of on 2 cyl. Hole through block! :(
fit stud gurdle and think very good head gaskets and probably arp head studs too.
should set you back $600 gurdle, $200 gaskets, $300 odd for head studs.
then it'll handle 450 hp otherwise you'll probably be putting 2 car legnths on an r33 GTR and all of a sudden BANGGGGGG! :)- :(
who's blower u using and who's fitting it.
don't waist time with unichip, or powerchip, or chip torque go EMS or similar thats what im doing. eec5 to hard to tune for most!!!
Old 05-24-2001, 16:13   #6 (permalink)
paul

Sorry to hear Buddy.Yes leaning out and detonation kills motors,even one's built bulletproof.Fuel and spark retard on high boost a must.But I guess in your case terra the block didn't let go? First??? What boost and r.p.m was you runing?Size injectors? Spark control?
.. Was rising rate fuel regulator used?
I guess thats why you are going after market on ecu.
Old 05-26-2001, 16:52   #7 (permalink)
TERRA359

pencil injectors as stock plus 2 extra injectors
stock rpm, 7psi, no good spark control (that was the problem)! eec5 hard to tune. going ems probably
will run 12psi 6500rpm, new cam, intercooler, EMS, flowed heads and tuff internals!!!
estimate 300-320kw plus at the mot#$r F*&&^n wheels and then i'll have to think custom drive shaft and much much much stronger clutch. might as well now that i have two engines one for the car one for ummmm superuteing. should have em finished buy end of july. :)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech