Question Time - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

General Tech Have a question that is not covered by one of the other categories? This is the forum for all other items not specifically covered in other categories.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-07-2003, 17:26   #1 (permalink)

Question Time

I'm looking at buying an EB trubo with the AVO turbo kit, that has the T3 Garret turbo. Does anyone have any info on these or any experiences?

Also one of my mates noticed that when he was driving up his driveway and revving it a fair bit of black smoke came from the exhaust. Could this be a major problem, maybe head gaskets going?

It also has a uni-chip and i was wondering where abouts (Melbourne SE) and how much it would cost to tune these?

These last questions are fairly irrelevent but i was also wanted a rough estimate of much it would cost to put the xr6 headlights on it and get it color-coded e.g. plastic down side, front/rear bars, door handles etc?

Thanks, any info would be appreciated
frd_pwr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-07-2003, 17:42   #2 (permalink)
100 SPEED LIMITED SILVAEA

Location: gold coast and off playing with 32psi of boost pumping into 4.1lt of pure ohc feralness and developing a 350hp n/a kit for ea-au i6, also making 5.0lt gear soon enuf
Re: Question Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by frd_pwr
I'm looking at buying an EB trubo with the AVO turbo kit, that has the T3 Garret turbo. Does anyone have any info on these or any experiences?
yes they are a bloody quick car, around 210-220kw at the fly wheel with 6 psi, the turbo is a bit small for future scope about 12 psi is the max you'll wanna run. with the current set up with some decent tuning and what not it should get down to the mid to low 13 sec bracket.

Quote:
Also one of my mates noticed that when he was driving up his driveway and revving it a fair bit of black smoke came from the exhaust. Could this be a major problem, maybe head gaskets going?
the seals in the turbo will have mostly gone by now, this is a major culprit for turbo'd cars blowing smoke. although you say its blowing black smoke, thats usually a sign of rich fuel mixtures, if theres a blue tinge to the smoke then the turbo has shot itself. have the turbo rebuilt, then change oil at every 5,000k's.

Quote:
It also has a uni-chip and i was wondering where abouts (Melbourne SE) and how much it would cost to tune these?
no idea i live on the gold coast, although i am pretty sure herrods can do it.

Quote:
These last questions are fairly irrelevent but i was also wanted a rough estimate of much it would cost to put the xr6 headlights on it and get it color-coded e.g. plastic down side, front/rear bars, door handles etc?
xr head lights are around 600-800 bucks for the set up, idicator to indicator.

color code will only cost you no more then 250 bucks (do it your self!!)

cheers.joe.

1000hp is underway. rods,pistons here!! t88 on its way!!
gm dstroya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2003, 18:04   #3 (permalink)

Thanks for they reply gm destroya, you obviously know your stuff!

With the balck smoke he did say it was running a bit rich so hopefully thats all it is, a tune would fix this wouldnt it?

On a side note those headlights sound expensive i was hoping more aorund $500, oh well will try shop around for some. Thanks for the reply still need to find a place to tune it though
Old 12-07-2003, 18:20   #4 (permalink)

Also do these conversions have to have an engineers certificate, i dont want to buy it and then find out i have to get it engineered if the cops pull me over and defect me
Old 12-07-2003, 19:00   #5 (permalink)
100 SPEED LIMITED SILVAEA

Location: gold coast and off playing with 32psi of boost pumping into 4.1lt of pure ohc feralness and developing a 350hp n/a kit for ea-au i6, also making 5.0lt gear soon enuf

if ait did it genuinely, there will be a ait compliance plate on the passenger side shock tower, in just behind where the factory air box would have been. but if its a avo aftermarket jobbie i doubt that it would have, i spose just look around the engine bay for non- ford compliace/mod plate.

cheers.joe.

1000hp is underway. rods,pistons here!! t88 on its way!!
gm dstroya is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech