Re-spray options.... - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

General Tech Have a question that is not covered by one of the other categories? This is the forum for all other items not specifically covered in other categories.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-17-2004, 16:30   #1 (permalink)
Wish it was a real GT...

Re-spray options....

I've had the idea of re-spraying my car in the back of my head for ages and am now starting to seriously consider it. I do like the colour it has at the moment but it isn't a "stand out" colour. I really like Envi and Blueprint (blueprint is a bit common now though). I'm not too sure how Envi would look on my car, I reckon it would look pretty mad, especially once there is a nice shiny set of 18s on it. What do you guys reckon would look good on my car (its in my sig). Also, how much does re-spraying cost? I't want to get it done properly with no shortcuts...
Completed Mods: 19" ADR Chrome Mags, Panasonic Mp3 Head Unit, 6.5" Pioneer Splits (Front), 6.5" Pioneers (Rear), 12" Sony Pentagon Sub, Alpine Amp, Alarm, Pedders Sports Ryder Suspension, K&N Panel Filter
dj_pom82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-17-2004, 16:37   #2 (permalink)
BA'o'Matic 100% working.

Re: Re-spray options....

If you want a stand out colour, I would suggest look at all the Ford discontinued colours, at least that way there wont be any more cars made in that colour, and will give you some assurance of standing out form the crowd.

Cost check this thread for an idea
Rough prices on respray

Jason

"So long and thanks for all the fish!"
Dellboy999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2004, 16:47   #3 (permalink)
Wish it was a real GT...

Well at the prices being quoted in that thread I am going to have to hold off for a while which is a bit disapointing, thanks for the info
Completed Mods: 19" ADR Chrome Mags, Panasonic Mp3 Head Unit, 6.5" Pioneer Splits (Front), 6.5" Pioneers (Rear), 12" Sony Pentagon Sub, Alpine Amp, Alarm, Pedders Sports Ryder Suspension, K&N Panel Filter
dj_pom82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2004, 00:09   #4 (permalink)
D.T.A

rock up to a few panel shops & tell em what your after if you can do most of the prep work etc... hifilling, removal of hadles door seals & alike you'll save yourself shitloads!
talk to the panel shops get written qoutes & approx timeline for the respray ie: a week etc... also if they do it in between jobs etc... most are friendly enough to help ya out if you ask for it! You could also talk to a tafe teacher for body works as 3& 4th year apprentices have to practice on full resprays & it wont cost you much as it's for their training! I guy I used to know had his done from tafe for $1000 (prob to the teacher!) but it was a top job & was done by 4th year apprentices!
Failing that send the car to melb as ford_forever does full color resprays from $1500 to a full color change for $3000 & it's guaranteed!
hope this helps ya out a bit dont give up so soon always ask questions it dont make you stupid but giving up without knowing other options can make you look that way!
Cheers
Nev
COMING THEN GOING SOON:ED Futura Sedan, Gunmetal respray, superlows, camber kit, BA 17's rep's & ED Ghia interior, 20% tint, shift kit, exhaust + stereo & whatever else comes to mind! Then will be up 4 sale!
LWRDEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2004, 20:47   #5 (permalink)
w w w .eafalcon. c o m

Who are ford_forever and where are they located ?
Old 06-18-2004, 20:57   #6 (permalink)
registered sex maniac

i wanna know where to get the el gt bodykit,cos me likey likey bery much.........
ford freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2004, 21:01   #7 (permalink)
E-Series wagon owner

i wonna know that ford_forever to my ed is in need of a spray paint

Mods to come: 2.5'' lukey cat-back mandrel bent exhaust with 1 resonator and 1 straight thru muffler, EF cam, Clear indicatros all round, AU3 XR snorkel, 17" Keizzer rims, EDxr front,12"sub,sports wheel

In Progress: EF door trims

Pics Here: www.edwagon.tk
mad_ea_spac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2004, 22:19   #8 (permalink)
WA Eseries Rep

Well if you were going to do it, do it black, EF/Ls never had black as an option.

and Black is always the best colour.
Baxle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2004, 23:30   #9 (permalink)
D.T.A

ford_forever is a member of the forums checkout this thread & look for post #8
Rough prices on respray
& he's in morninton in vic, hope that helps ya out!
Cheers
Nev
COMING THEN GOING SOON:ED Futura Sedan, Gunmetal respray, superlows, camber kit, BA 17's rep's & ED Ghia interior, 20% tint, shift kit, exhaust + stereo & whatever else comes to mind! Then will be up 4 sale!
LWRDEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2004, 23:37   #10 (permalink)

I agree with Baxle, go for black.. or phantom purple.
Laurz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech