Ford Forums banner

Rear Window Demister Repair

10K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  eager 
#1 ·
Hey All,

The rear demister in my XF has a few broken spots along the tracks. Is there any thing you can buy to re-join the broken spots? Can you replace a rear demister?

Thanks

Extreme

#2 ·
Hey Extreme I have the same problemo on my XF.

I've never looked to see where the breaks are but most of the lines don't work. Bit of a bugger on those frosty mornings.

I'd be interested to know what can be done. I've heard you can get them repaired but I don't know where. Maybe a windscreen place? Or an auto-elec?

#4 ·
Thanks for the reply jase_xr8

so this kit is available at repco/auto one?

I know that dick smith sell some conductive sliver paint used to repair tracks in circuit boards...can you use that?

Thanks

Extreme

#5 ·
Hey... Have you looked into replacing the window?? it might be worth looking into... especially if you have a shitty back window.

On my EF, i had the connectors for the wires both break... so coz im cheap.. i got a couple of O shape lugs, re-shaped them a bit, solderd them and wedged them behind the steel on the window... i know this doesn't help you ATM, but it might if u knock it by accident.

As said by Jase_ELXR8, there is a conductive paint available, but, if you have a tinted rear window it wont work obviously...

Apart from that i cant really help...

Take it easy

Chris

#6 ·
The window is in good nic...no scratches/pitting

no tinting either

ill have to look into the conductive paint!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.