Rear Window Seal AUII XR - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

General Tech Have a question that is not covered by one of the other categories? This is the forum for all other items not specifically covered in other categories.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-01-2003, 23:26   #1 (permalink)
3FB's Peter Pan!!!

Rear Window Seal AUII XR

After spending a good hour and a half washing my baby today, only to get the thing covered in bugs on the highway, i noticed that the rear window seal (the bit of rubber on the outside anyway) on the left hand side of the join is coming off. Has anyone else had this happen? What do you guys think would be the best way to fix it? Thanks.
XR6HP01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-02-2003, 01:26   #2 (permalink)
T5 Expert Operator

I have seen this on a few AU Falcons. Luckily mine seems fine. When you say yours has come off is it the part thats at the top of the rear window where it joins to the rear door opening or is it the part near the boot.

If the rubber seal isn't destorted it should just slide back in place and perhaps us abit of electrical tape around the window edge to stop it from comming off again.

AUII Late Ed XR6 HP T5 Venom- Full Tickford Body Kit, 17in Wheels, Herrod Bi-plane Spoiler, Momo Steer/Gear, T-Series Interior Options, Premium Stereo and a very light-tuned 4.0L I6

(FPV-Tickford Club of NSW Member and Co-Founding Member of 3FB Inc, Ford Forums Food Bandits)
XR_Strider_GuY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2003, 02:36   #3 (permalink)
3FB's Peter Pan!!!

I should have been a little more specific... its actually on the outside of the bottom of the back window just above the boot lid. I can push it back on but it just comes back off again within a few seconds....I've attached a jpg showing exactly where the problem is (but it isnt in any great detail!).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg seal.jpg (40.7 KB, 104 views)
XR6HP01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2003, 02:38   #4 (permalink)
longjohn1

had 1 of them fixed and still falls off,got it fixed under warranty gave up and super glued seems to work for now,must be from the heat expanding it.
Old 02-02-2003, 02:41   #5 (permalink)

both ours hav that problem. infact ive seen heaps with it. just grin and bear it. dont think itl do ne harm
joelburden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2003, 13:17   #6 (permalink)
T5 Expert Operator

Quote:
Originally posted by XR6HP01
I should have been a little more specific... its actually on the outside of the bottom of the back window just above the boot lid. I can push it back on but it just comes back off again within a few seconds....I've attached a jpg showing exactly where the problem is (but it isnt in any great detail!).
I would try using abit of thin double sided tape (i have the stuff at home can't remember the brand but it's available from auto one) and stick in to the edge of the window where the seal sits on. Push the seal firmly on it. I should work though you may have to experiment abit.

BTW love your car. :s6: :s6:

AUII Late Ed XR6 HP T5 Venom- Full Tickford Body Kit, 17in Wheels, Herrod Bi-plane Spoiler, Momo Steer/Gear, T-Series Interior Options, Premium Stereo and a very light-tuned 4.0L I6

(FPV-Tickford Club of NSW Member and Co-Founding Member of 3FB Inc, Ford Forums Food Bandits)
XR_Strider_GuY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2003, 14:40   #7 (permalink)

i think you will find that the dealers were replacing the rear windows on the AU's under warranty for this exact problem. If your cars are still under warranty I would quiz the dealers! One thing you have to watch for is if the seal isn't inplace you might be able to spray water into the rear parcelshelf as the sealant that holds the window in place might not meet. Just something that I have seen with the seal not in place!!!
harasn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2003, 21:52   #8 (permalink)
3FB's Peter Pan!!!

Thanks guys...I think i'll give the dealer a call and see what happens....they're pretty good so there shouldnt be any trouble.
Old 02-04-2003, 00:04   #9 (permalink)
Drives like a Grandad

Thanx. One day after reading this post the rubber surround on the rear screen of my AU1 XR6 has come adrift..... What did the dealer advise?

Never hold a Dustbuster and a cat at the same time.
greg6099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2003, 16:34   #10 (permalink)
EXPERIENCED XR8 FANATIC

had mine replaced under warranty and quess what ?? already come adrift again. a little smear of clear silicone inside of the rubber and pushed back on the glass fixed the problem. want something done right do it yourself.

5 speed xr8 ,silouette in colour,17in tickford 5 spokes , momo steering wheel and momo gear knob. twin 2 1/2 inch exhaust with race magnum mufflers. custom stereo system.
DXR88U is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech