rego/ engineering q's - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

General Tech Have a question that is not covered by one of the other categories? This is the forum for all other items not specifically covered in other categories.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-16-2004, 06:46   #1 (permalink)

rego/ engineering q's

i've been a 4x4 person for a while and understand what needs to be engineered for rego when you change stuff (suspension lift over 2inch etc)

but i know squat about performance cars

i've heard you need engineering for a motor 20% more powerful than stock

what other engineering drama's may i encounter in a buildup of a mildly warm xy/xa... lowered a couple of inches, wider tyres, 351 clevo (warm)...(power steering???)

and what is involved in re registering a car that has been out of rego for a while

i'm in vic if there are many state specific issues..

thanks in advance, i want to do this right
mada_3083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-16-2004, 18:43   #2 (permalink)
Can't wait for Winton...

Re: rego/ engineering q's

Go to the vicroads website, they have some Vehicle Information Sheets including one specifically on modifications. Re-registering a car needs to have a roadworthy certificate (& presumably proof of ownership, ie a receipt or similar).
outback_ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2004, 02:46   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by outback_ute
Go to the vicroads website, they have some Vehicle Information Sheets including one specifically on modifications. Re-registering a car needs to have a roadworthy certificate (& presumably proof of ownership, ie a receipt or similar).

i heard that it needs to go over the police inspection somethingorother... does this occur before the engineering cert, or after...
Old 06-22-2004, 03:49   #4 (permalink)
Can't wait for Winton...

I think you would need to front at the Vicroads office with the car so they can have a quick look, the RWC, eng cert, etc. Don't think the police are involved.
outback_ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2004, 05:53   #5 (permalink)

oh, ok. i have always been told horror stories of having my rego laps for over 1 year, because then it needs a top to bottom "police pits" inspection or something, and they will fail it on things like non OEM lightbulbs or some such nonsence.

as far as increasing engine power, i cannot see anywhere on vic roads site where this is addressed, surely if you pump up a clevo (worked heads etc) you'd at least need emissions, but what about engineering??? can't find that info
Old 06-22-2004, 06:13   #6 (permalink)

I'm not sure but I don't think you need an engineers report for increasing power as long as the engine came with the car, its only needed if the engine is diifferent, ie 302 instead of 351 or if structural changes are made to the car.
Otsile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2004, 06:23   #7 (permalink)

cool, so basically i can get it back to RWC condition, and the only items i'd need to worry about engineering wise, would be things like lowering (or complete front suspension change over) and disc brake 9inch. This is sounding easier than 4x4 stuff by miles.

oh, wheel and tire size may need it if i read the stuff right
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech