Ford Forums banner

Relocating the ignition coil

2K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Bass Crazy 
#1 ·
Hey all... I am currently taking a break from trying to get the bloody ignition coil of the LTD, as I am changing all the little electric bits, ie coil, spark plugs, leads, rotor button, dizzy cap, etc... I can't for the life of me get the thing off, I just can't get my arm through the maze to get to the coil. So if I manage to get the thing off, what is the possibility of moving it to say the wheel arch or somewhere out in the open? Would it affect anything at all? If I could get all the wiring out in the open aswell will it work? The dizzy cap is hard enough, but the coil is impossible. Tell me what you all think!

Alex

#2 ·
I reckon you should leave it in it's current position because you will probably never have to remove the thing again for as long as you own the car. The only time I have removed my coil was with the manifold off, so I can't suggest anything to make it easier. However, you might wanna change the welsh plug behind the coil while your there.

If you want to make your car easier to work on, put an EF manifold on the suckker ;)

Good Luck!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.