removable roof racks - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

General Tech Have a question that is not covered by one of the other categories? This is the forum for all other items not specifically covered in other categories.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-09-2003, 00:26   #1 (permalink)
Boat Hunting ;)

removable roof racks

hey guys,

I need some sort of roof racks to put my surf boards (and wake boards) on, but I dont like the look of them, so want something removable.

What have other people bought/improvised with?? any price guides or home inventions would be great! I really want to go tomorrow if possible!

cheers

steve
AU2 S-pack Owner: Silhouette Black, XR6 Wheels, Tickford Sunroof, C2R rear bar, Checker Plate Floor Mats, Chrome Door Sills, Blue Backlite Dash, Blue Painted Brake Callipers, Advanced Extractors, Magnaflow High Flow Cat, 2.5" Stainless Steel Mandrel Bent Custom Exhaust, Genie Muffler. Sony Explode 50w x 4 deck, Kenwood 140w speakers (front and rear), Boss 1200 watt Amplifier, 12" Orion Sub in custom box. More To Come!!
younggun is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-09-2003, 02:41   #2 (permalink)
Boat Hunting ;)

Re: removable roof racks

has anyone tried those removable FCS 'soft' roof racks or ocean earth 'rap racks' for surf boards?? how are they?
AU2 S-pack Owner: Silhouette Black, XR6 Wheels, Tickford Sunroof, C2R rear bar, Checker Plate Floor Mats, Chrome Door Sills, Blue Backlite Dash, Blue Painted Brake Callipers, Advanced Extractors, Magnaflow High Flow Cat, 2.5" Stainless Steel Mandrel Bent Custom Exhaust, Genie Muffler. Sony Explode 50w x 4 deck, Kenwood 140w speakers (front and rear), Boss 1200 watt Amplifier, 12" Orion Sub in custom box. More To Come!!

Last edited by younggun; 11-09-2003 at 02:45.
Old 11-10-2003, 20:09   #3 (permalink)
Village Idiot

I got some removable one. Cant remember the brand, and i dunno where i put em.

they just attach at the top of the door openings. One runs between front doors, other between rears.
U just tighten em up, and your off.

They work pretty good. I had a big old school wind surfer on it when i went on holidays (800km there). Hasnt left any marks, other than where the windsurfer was dropped on the car by someone.

I dont know how much they cost, dont think they were too bad but.

If i find out the brand ill let ya know.

-Jase
2nd EF GLi, 'custom' interior, extractors, exhuast
3rd EA Fairmont 5spd, low'd, extractors, exhuast, head
work, 3.45LSD, EL dash, interior+ El ECU
4th EB2 Fairmont, EL dash and interior, BBM, LSD etc etc
5th EB Fairmont Ghia 5L. All leather, lowered, exhaust etc
EFJase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2003, 21:38   #4 (permalink)
Can't wait for Winton...

Roof racks are (usually) removeable, so just take them off when you're finished using them. Check out your local Autobarn, Repco, Supercheap, etc.
outback_ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2003, 21:43   #5 (permalink)
BA'o'Matic 100% working.

most are removable yes, but how much effort is the thing, most are designed to go on, but not off in 2 seconds, I think younggun want something effective quick to put on and quick to get off without alot of tools and effort.

Dellboy999

"So long and thanks for all the fish!"
Dellboy999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2003, 05:34   #6 (permalink)
Boat Hunting ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dellboy999
most are removable yes, but how much effort is the thing, most are designed to go on, but not off in 2 seconds, I think younggun want something effective quick to put on and quick to get off without alot of tools and effort.

Dellboy999
yep, just something easy, put on, pull off... so far im leading towards the Rolla sports ones, RRP: $300
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech