Ford Forums banner

replacing engin mount

2K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  TIKFD6 
#1 ·
hey guys well i have a broken mount its on a 93 eb falcon

its the mount under the air intake manifold. i had a look at it today jacked the car up and that was going to change it but how the f u c k do u get to it i tryed from under the car but to undo the nuts the braket is in the way and ya cant get a socket in there (the braket that goes from the mount to the motor)

ne surgestions on hos to do it or what to use..

i have the mount

is it worth just taking it in to a mechanic and getting it done if so how long and what price would i be looking at ??

nehelp would be great guys

later ppl

#2 ·
Mechanic, will either pull the motor, or remove the manifold, motor pull $500 (asked a mechanic on saturday) or there abouts, best get gearbox done for $800 and rear main seal fixed then for me, manifoild pull and replace about $200 with parts I would guess.

Do it yourself it is really not that hard to remove or replace it.

Jason

#3 ·
You should be able to just jack that side of the engine up a bit, undue the bolts, remove old mounts, and put in the new one.
You might be best to put the front end on jack stands, then jack the motor up a little.
You can do the intake side and exaust side mounts the same way.
But the intake has to be done from underneath.
I have done both this way, its fiddly on the intake, but will save you $$$$

#7 ·
Use a really long socket on the back side and a spanner on the oil filter side to do the bottom bolts.
As for the top bolts, I find a uni. joint really helpful.
New mounts are about $30 each by memory?
Alex

#8 ·
I got some good second hand ones from Just Falcons for $25. They are out of an XF but they fit apparently. I haven't tried to fit them yet because I'm having a hard time trying to figure out how to get under that manifold :S

Sundeep

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.