resetting ecu + gas problems - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

General Tech Have a question that is not covered by one of the other categories? This is the forum for all other items not specifically covered in other categories.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-14-2004, 03:25   #1 (permalink)
E-Series wagon owner

confused resetting ecu + gas problems

i was just wondering how to reset the ecu to see if it'll fix my cars idling problem
my cars is an ed, mpfi, 4speed,on gas(gas tuned up a week ago)
also i have problems to start it up once it's on gas what could be the cause of this?

Mods to come: 2.5'' lukey cat-back mandrel bent exhaust with 1 resonator and 1 straight thru muffler, EF cam, Clear indicatros all round, AU3 XR snorkel, 17" Keizzer rims, EDxr front,12"sub,sports wheel

In Progress: EF door trims

Pics Here: www.edwagon.tk
mad_ea_spac is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-14-2004, 03:50   #2 (permalink)

Re: resetting ecu + gas problems

To reset your ECU just dis connect the battery for about 30 mins then hook it back up should be reset, will also be pretty rough to drive for a bit, but will get better as you drive it more.
Old 07-15-2004, 01:13   #3 (permalink)
E-Series wagon owner

you recon that'll fix an idling problem?

Mods to come: 2.5'' lukey cat-back mandrel bent exhaust with 1 resonator and 1 straight thru muffler, EF cam, Clear indicatros all round, AU3 XR snorkel, 17" Keizzer rims, EDxr front,12"sub,sports wheel

Old 07-15-2004, 02:15   #4 (permalink)

Sounds like an IAC issue, don't disconnect the battery it may run worse. Give the throttle body & IAC motor a clean first & see how it goes. If you know how also do a base idle reset.
SPALDING GREEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2004, 02:19   #5 (permalink)
known as tibbo

so it idles sh*t and wont start on LPg? i need more info
RaceCraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2004, 02:55   #6 (permalink)
E-Series wagon owner

like what info?

-> it idles at 100rpm on both gas and petrol
-> once i stop at lights it stalls 1/10 times by the needle geeting to 0
-> sometimes once it gets to 0 the engine revs by it's self and takes it to 1500 rpm then it comes back down to 100prm
-> it has problems starting on gas so i need to switch it to ulp and start it up
-> if i manage to start it on gas it drives like shit and accelerates poorly
-> gas was tuned up 1 week ago thats where the gas problem started didn;t affect the idle that was a peroblem since i got the car

enough information?

Old 07-15-2004, 02:55   #7 (permalink)
Prof. Rabbit

Chances are that the gas "tune" was done when the car was warm, many, ( poss more than 60%) of dual fuel systems are designed to start on petrol and then switch to gas, esp. when cold.

If you had it tuned a week ago I would be going back and asking for an adjustment,

If the problem is warm start then the same applies, the tune was not done properly.

Regards Prof. Rabbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by mad_ea_spac
i was just wondering how to reset the ecu to see if it'll fix my cars idling problem
my cars is an ed, mpfi, 4speed,on gas(gas tuned up a week ago)
also i have problems to start it up once it's on gas what could be the cause of this?
prabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2004, 02:56   #8 (permalink)
E-Series wagon owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPALDING GREEN
Sounds like an IAC issue, don't disconnect the battery it may run worse. Give the throttle body & IAC motor a clean first & see how it goes. If you know how also do a base idle reset.
what exactly are these and how do you clean them?
i don't know engines for shit

Old 07-15-2004, 03:09   #9 (permalink)

The throttle body is what the black flexible rubber hose runs to from the air cleaner box. The IAC sits on top of the throttle body, it has 2 10mm headed bols securing it.
SPALDING GREEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2004, 04:19   #10 (permalink)
Two SC 61's = trouble

Try turning idle screw up some..And stay off the cabbage !!!
Passengers, myocardial infarction material..
R.I.P Possum...
ebxr8240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech