S-Pack cluster into GL - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

General Tech Have a question that is not covered by one of the other categories? This is the forum for all other items not specifically covered in other categories.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-11-2002, 18:18   #1 (permalink)
Veteran Ford Member

S-Pack cluster into GL

Hey guys,

I have just bought a S-Pack dash (with tacho) and am wanting to put it in the GL. Does anyone know anything about doing this? I dont really care about the oil pressure gauge, just the Tacho will do me for now.

Any information guys?

Sundeep
Sundeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-11-2002, 22:26   #2 (permalink)
WeReAmEyE

Hello mate i just done this to my EA Gl. There is a pink wire mising out of the gl wireing loom that plugs in the back of the utilites. I have the ford manual and it told me were to fit it into to the loom. I found the wire for this under the bonnet near were the break fluid is. It should be heald up underneath that little piece of metal with a cable tie or something. If your car dode not have this you can also run a wire from the negative side of the coil.

This pink wire goes into the bigger of the two looms i think it goes in the slot number 8, but not sure.
Ifyou cant find were it goes i'll scan the page of the manual and e-mail it to you
FAT FALCON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2002, 00:07   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Ford Member

Thankys! I knew there was a signal wire around the brake fluid reservoir but didnt know what colour.

I just realised after getting home from picking up the cluster that the guy I bought it off didnt throw in the loom :'(

I'll have to go back and get it some time soon, otherwise, if you could just tell me which pin to put the wire to please do, that'd be good.

Thanks for your help :D

Sundeep
Old 09-12-2002, 14:44   #4 (permalink)
WeReAmEyE

I'll go home and i'll scan the page for you
FAT FALCON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2002, 22:27   #5 (permalink)
Veteran Ford Member

Nah mate! all good.

The tacho wiring was already in the loom, i plugged it up and tapped the accelerator....she's apples!

Just the damn volt meter has some BS problem. I thought it ran off the power coming in to the cluster?! It seems to just stay at the high area. There was actually something wrong with it though, it started above the bottom block so I think some one has played with it.

Sundeep
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech