santa is DEFINATELY a ford man!! - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

General Tech Have a question that is not covered by one of the other categories? This is the forum for all other items not specifically covered in other categories.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-24-2002, 15:13   #1 (permalink)
Boat Hunting ;)

biggrin santa is DEFINATELY a ford man!!

Yep I can confirm santa is a ford man! I was lucky enough to score for new ford shirts from him, and some ford racing seat belt covers. But to top it off, I finally got my stereo!!

The only thing I am missing is a sub, which I will buy this week I think.

Its got a Sony Explode cdx-CA600x Deck (any ideas for filling din sized whole under it??) Four kenwood 6.5" 2 ways (140w) and my favourite part: Boss 1200 watt 4 channel amp.

should hopefully sound alright, and I will post some pics of the effort I give putting it in!

any suggestions for amps while I am here??!

cheers

steve
AU2 S-pack Owner: Silhouette Black, XR6 Wheels, Tickford Sunroof, C2R rear bar, Checker Plate Floor Mats, Chrome Door Sills, Blue Backlite Dash, Blue Painted Brake Callipers, Advanced Extractors, Magnaflow High Flow Cat, 2.5" Stainless Steel Mandrel Bent Custom Exhaust, Genie Muffler. Sony Explode 50w x 4 deck, Kenwood 140w speakers (front and rear), Boss 1200 watt Amplifier, 12" Orion Sub in custom box. More To Come!!
younggun is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-24-2002, 17:27   #2 (permalink)
Oxford Green AU

Re: santa is DEFINATELY a ford man!!

Quote:
Originally posted by younggun

Its got a Sony Explode cdx-CA600x Deck (any ideas for filling din sized whole under it??)
Ford do a din sized panel. It's kinda like a rectangular bucket on it's side. Anyway, the Au's with only cass/radio had them as they were only 1 din and now it resides under my 1 din pioneer h/u. I put my wallet in there
Old 12-24-2002, 17:52   #3 (permalink)
au2 forte

Quote:
Originally posted by AUForte
Ford do a din sized panel. It's kinda like a rectangular bucket on it's side.
Yep, available from ford spare parts for ~$12. -->change pocket (pic)

Quote:
What's the specs on your current amp (ie. RMS ratings, specs of high/lowpass filter settings etc).

I think it gets said a bit but: you might be able to get away with running your fronts off 2 channels of the amp, bridge the other 2 to run the sub and have rear speakers running off the head unit ? It'll depend on if the amp is able to put out sufficient power for your sub of choice.
au2_xpack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2002, 04:50   #4 (permalink)
Boat Hunting ;)

Re: santa is DEFINATELY a ford man!!

Quote:

I dont know what I was thinking when I wrote that... I have an amp! it should have been any suggestions for a sub!
AU2 S-pack Owner: Silhouette Black, XR6 Wheels, Tickford Sunroof, C2R rear bar, Checker Plate Floor Mats, Chrome Door Sills, Blue Backlite Dash, Blue Painted Brake Callipers, Advanced Extractors, Magnaflow High Flow Cat, 2.5" Stainless Steel Mandrel Bent Custom Exhaust, Genie Muffler. Sony Explode 50w x 4 deck, Kenwood 140w speakers (front and rear), Boss 1200 watt Amplifier, 12" Orion Sub in custom box. More To Come!!
Old 12-25-2002, 04:51   #5 (permalink)
Boat Hunting ;)

oh yeah and has any one tried the above speakers in an AU?? if you have, with an amp, how much better are they then standards... basically is it worth fitting them or sticking the stockies onto the amp, and returning the 4 speakers for a new sub?!

cheers

steve
Old 12-25-2002, 06:18   #6 (permalink)
Are we there yet?

Younggun, where did u get that amp, and how much?? it might be ok for my new Orion KTX 10" dual coil subs. Apparently, they can take 500wrms each!
95 EF Fairmont 5.0 - Heritage Green - 4 Speed auto with AU S5 - 3.23LSD - 17x8" LWT Wheels - King Superlows - 76mm Cobra MAF - 65mm throttle - BPT Underdrive Pulley Kit - 3" Mandrel-bent Lukey exhaust - Tinted Windows - MP3 CD player - White faced dials.

117rwKw - 15.47@89.9MPH
Aaron_EF8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2002, 04:34   #7 (permalink)
Boat Hunting ;)

aaron, it says on the box it was 369.00, but you know what car audio shops are like, over price things so they can get knocked down.

I will try and find out where it came from!
Old 12-27-2002, 00:43   #8 (permalink)
Boat Hunting ;)

hey guys,

I went down to ford to get the coin change pocket, and they told me only a grey one is made, but I have the black interior... is this true?? I wouldnt imagine it would be, but I am continually suprised by somethings done....
Old 12-27-2002, 02:15   #9 (permalink)

yep hes a ford man alright, I scored a new car bra for my fairmont !

wooohooo !

EA Fairmont Ghia, Sunroof, Stero, Momo GT S/Wheel, 16" EL XR Rims, Zorst

EBII Fairmont Ghia, V8, Leather, Lowered, Rims, CAI,
Momo GT S/Wheel, Stezza, Tints, Zorst

EA Falcon S, 5Spd, LSD, EL Motor, Zorst

VXII Commodore SS, 5.7L, 6Ssp, Leather, Sunroof Zorst, Edit, CAI

VH Commodore SL/E, Stock except Stezza

KA Laser, Ghia interior, Stock shitter
EVIL EB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2002, 06:20   #10 (permalink)
au2 forte

Quote:
I went down to ford to get the coin change pocket, and they told me only a grey one is made, but I have the black interior... is this true?? I wouldnt imagine it would be, but I am continually suprised by somethings done....
I wasn't sure, when I got mine they said all they had was grey so I painted it black. I thought they meant they just didn't have any black in stock. It would be a little weird if they didn't actually make them in black though ? I suppose the reason might be that even the AU2 forte came with a double din unit, whereas (afaik) the AU1 forte came with single din tape (and you had to option cd player... pls correct me if I'm wrong) ??
au2_xpack is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech