Ford Forums banner

Service :)

1K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  NZ 
#1 ·
I have an EB2 S-XR8 and it's been running shocking due to being way overdue for a service.

I want to do the Service myself, and I need to know if they do anything to the computer when servicing a car?

I can do the following:

Change Spark Plugs
Change Oil
Change Diff Oil
Change Tranni Fluid
Change Water Coolant
Change Oil Filter

and Change Ignition Leads (Getting a bit Old)

Is there anything I have missed, or anything I HAVE TO get it Serviced for? Need to stop it running like crap :)

Thanks guys

Shaun

#5 ·
That two :)

So theres no computer reset or anything that needs to be done, or that gets done every Service on the EB XR8's? I just want to make sure, before I go do all of this. Last thing I need is to replace all this and find it runs worse! :)

Thanks!

#7 ·
If you are going to that much trouble it probably wouldn't hurt to clear the keep alive memory and carry out a base idle relearn.this will reset all fuel/ignition tables back to their base settings so it relearn with with all your new parts. to do this procedure, disconnect your battery for five minutes (make sure you have radio code first) reconnect battery and start vehicle in park with a/c off.do not touch accelerator or steering wheel and let vehicle idle for two minutes. after two minutes is up switch on a/c and let it idle for another two minutes. next turn a/c off and put in drive for a further two minutes. finally turn a/c on for two minutes and then road test vehicle without flogging it, just drive normally. this should help to improve idle quality and fuel consumption.

#9 ·
If you have a manual all you need to do is disconnect your battery for 5 mins. reconnect battery and start with a/c off and run for 2 mins. after that turn a/c on for 2 mins and then go for a drive. it's as simple as that.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.