Service Price for an EL XR6 - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

General Tech Have a question that is not covered by one of the other categories? This is the forum for all other items not specifically covered in other categories.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-14-2003, 06:28   #1 (permalink)

Question Service Price for an EL XR6

Guys,

Time for a service.... just wondering what is a good price for a ford dealer to do a 10,000km service..

Also most times they don't state the work they do (unless something is wrong).. what does this service cover..

Also is a local mechanic better than a dealer?.. (this probably has been asked before)..
XRBURNS is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-14-2003, 11:23   #2 (permalink)

Re: Service Price for an EL XR6

Well the basic 10,000 service is change oil and filter and then have a good look around.

I wouldn't bother unless you want a stamp in your book or something, or the car is new to you and you want a thorough mechanical inspection - which you may or may not get.

Someone might have a price, but I think it's over $100.
Old 07-14-2003, 14:47   #3 (permalink)
Lamahs approve of manuals

I seem to remember a price of $150 - $170.
I think if you check the back of your manual, it should list ( where they stamp the services ) all the items they should check as part of the service . . .

You didn't make a typo and mean 100,000 did you ? If not, that must be the lowest klm's EL in australia . . .
XR8 Lamah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2003, 15:26   #4 (permalink)

Sorry, the car has done 130,000 km... it gets serviced every 10,000..

Last time I took it to the dealer.. It seems they don't take make time doing the service... i guess because they have so many fleet cars to do..

I might try I local mechanic this time
Old 07-14-2003, 18:38   #5 (permalink)
Dreamer

Roughly $130 for a basic service, and thats all you'll need with that amount of kms, major service was done 30k ago, so unless the put dodgy parts in then, everything should be happy as larry.

Dont let them con you though, they will try all sorts to make a quick buck. Example is your throttle body needs a clean, that charge about $70 to spray stuff down it, just stupid things like that.

If you dont have a warranty etc, go out n buy the stuff and do it on weekend, it will cost you around $50 at the most and take you an hour or less
South is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2003, 18:40   #6 (permalink)

Yeah I might do that I got a Gregorys manual today..

What is the best engine oil to use??
Old 07-14-2003, 19:09   #7 (permalink)
Dreamer

Well thats a personal choice. Lots of people recommend different things, personally i have used about 5 different oils, and found my engine likes Shell Helix Plus.

We share the same engine, so it will be just as happy in your engine as it is mine, but you might want a full synth oil. Its all about trial and error.

I would say slap some Shell Helix Plus in your donk and see how it goes. Oil Filter you need is a Z9 (Ryco is what most people choose) and spark plugs, use NGK-R XR6 plugs and she will pur like a kitten.
South is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech