Ford Forums banner

Simple Intake Question

2K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  ELGhiaV8 
#1 ·
Okay, I've heard a lot of different opinions, but i need to know the best intake for my car.

I have an EF XR6 and I want to remove the existing XR6 intake and add on either an XR8 or T-Series intake to the airbox.

I have heard some people say to get the XR8 one, some to get the T-Series one and web-sites confusing me all the same.

Has anyone done the same thing on their EF/EL XR6 and would be able to recommend me which one to buy. I can buy it tomorrow if I know which exact one to get it from. Ie. a 2001 XR8, or 2000 T-Series, or whichever.

Thanks in advance

#5 ·
Use the AUII XR8 Snorkel which is the same as the T-Series 1 intake snorkel. Cos basically the 200Kw T-Series engine was used for the AUII XR8. Use the AUII XR8 snrokel. I had the inspiration to fit it after reading Xyphoid's website. No regrets it fitting it, looks great with the tickford wings and increased throttle response.

#8 ·
I have fitted the EL GT/XR8 snorkel to my EL V8, it does improve responsiveness. For all of the V8 owners, the AU XR8 snorkel (with the Tickford wings like the one on Xyphoids car) does not fit onto the EL V8, I have tried. So I had no choice but to use the EL GT/XR8 one and it does seem to have a bigger mouth and neck on it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.