Smartlock Stopping car from starting - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

General Tech Have a question that is not covered by one of the other categories? This is the forum for all other items not specifically covered in other categories.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-09-2005, 02:26   #1 (permalink)

Smartlock Stopping car from starting

hey guys, i have a EA 1989, we did a TOTAL conversion to a EBII all the wirings in, and everthings set, but we cant start it!?...i got everythign off the EBII, ...wiring, ecu, dash, and ALL LOOMS...theres no EA 1989 wiring...but we cant start it, all the electrics work, headlights, roof lights, the speedo and battery/oil lights and brakes failed light, ...but we dont here no fuel pump and we just cat start it

i herd someone say somethign bout a smartlock module and plugging in the stereo, we plugged in the stereo( ? ) and the ignition barrel, we got the wire that comes off the ignition and plugs into the dash...etc but we dont know how to work it , were all outta ideas

...can anyone help ??

-Grechie

EDIT: weve tried leavin it on ignntion for a few minutes/and holding it on accel for a min or so...we dont no how to start it ....
Grechie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-09-2005, 02:46   #2 (permalink)
goooone

Re: Smartlock Stopping car from starting

When my friend put a 5 Litre out of a ED into his courier he had to by a part from these fellas http://www.castleauto.com.au/ to trick the smartlock to let the car run
Mr Jucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2005, 03:14   #3 (permalink)
Two SC 61's = trouble

The keys are not locked in boot are they ?? Lol...

Are the internal lights working?It should start then stop as it shuts down fuel pump...Are you sure fuel relay is getting power?
Passengers, myocardial infarction material..
R.I.P Possum...
ebxr8240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2005, 04:49   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebxr8240
The keys are not locked in boot are they ?? Lol...

Are the internal lights working?It should start then stop as it shuts down fuel pump...Are you sure fuel relay is getting power?

the internal lights are workgin, the dash lights are working, the fuel gets detected proply (3/4 of tank) the battery light turns on and oil light tunrs on, and if u turn to crank it over only the brake fial turns on...but it doesnt start, all other stuff works, headlights, hazards ETC :)

-Grechie
Old 06-09-2005, 06:09   #5 (permalink)
Two SC 61's = trouble

Check circuit breaker at rear of relays? It's a thermal type that switches back on when it cools down... Check if power is there?
The front relay is for starter motor, ignition...Have you mixed up parts from other car? Maybe wired differently ? Start back from fuel pump relay back...
Check ALL earths including the one at computor...I bet you have one wire missing or not connected..Keep a level head... I know sometimes you can't see the forrest for the trees...
Is that small wire connected to starter motor solinoid? Good contact?
R.I.P Possum...
Old 06-09-2005, 11:03   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Check circuit breaker at rear of relays? It's a thermal type that switches back on when it cools down... Check if power is there?
The front relay is for starter motor, ignition...Have you mixed up parts from other car? Maybe wired differently ? Start back from fuel pump relay back...
Check ALL earths including the one at computor...I bet you have one wire missing or not connected..Keep a level head... I know sometimes you can't see the forrest for the trees...
Is that small wire connected to starter motor solinoid? Good contact?

have to check it out tommorow...but im sure all plugs are plugged in, and starter motor solinoid is in, but we cant get it to the cranking stage ...it wont even start up the fuel pump, i was told that the smartlock should be flashing wen i put the key in the igntion..but it doesnt even show up, so it leads me to belive the modules missing....?

-Grechie
Old 06-09-2005, 19:17   #7 (permalink)
Two SC 61's = trouble

Ha That'll do it ....Lol....
R.I.P Possum...
Old 06-11-2005, 04:13   #8 (permalink)
Two SC 61's = trouble

Any news ???
R.I.P Possum...
Old 06-11-2005, 20:01   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Any news ???

yep...foudn out, theres no smartlock on this wiring loom, just a aftermarket emoblizer with wires cut and hidden !!!, the fuel pump wire was cut and wrapped in tape and hidden, and there are wires cut left right and centre, the cars emobilized...so were getting there, gonna take a bit of time.... :(

EDIT:
we found out theres power to the coil, power to the distributor, but no spark is coming out from the high tension leads ... anyone know wots going on ???
Old 06-12-2005, 01:22   #10 (permalink)

ok another update!!!!

we seen that the TFI is fine... but

were getting power to the coil now and everythign it just wont start, like the timings out, but we checked, and we cant get it to start, we tried a new battery, coz wen we were starting it sounded heaps flat...but nothing....its liek fuel isnt getting into the rack? but we tried force feeding fuel in that hose on top of the rocket cover...still no start...so it has to be timing???

-Grechie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech