Some advice for my 93 T-Bird? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

General Tech Have a question that is not covered by one of the other categories? This is the forum for all other items not specifically covered in other categories.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-03-2007, 18:06   #1 (permalink)

Some advice for my 93 T-Bird?

I have a 1993 Ford Thunderbird LX Coupe. The man who owned this vehicle before me did alot of custom work to the vehicle including pulling the V6 that came stock in the vehicle and installing a 302 which he pulled from a 1989 Mustang. He installed this engine about 3 years prior to my purchasing the vehicle after overhauling the engine and in that 3 years he only drove the vehicle 300 miles. When I purchased the vehicle it burned a slight bit of oil which over time grew to the point it was burning about 1 quart of oil every 2 day's. at this point the vehicle ceased operation and I have not been able to start it since. I am planning on overhauling the engine to attempt to repair the internal damage I believe was caused by leaving the car sit for so long. The car was also switched from fuel injected to carbourated and I want to switch it back. I'm new to working with cars but my father who has more experience will be assisting me with the work. If anyone has an suggestions for improving performance as well that would be helpful. I want to keep my 0-60 at around 5.5-6.0 seconds and my top speed at around 150 MPH while still having decent handling. Thanks in advance.
ada_soldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-04-2007, 14:33   #2 (permalink)
wasnt me

Re: Some advice for my 93 T-Bird?

i'd say valve seals/guides or piston rings are causing the oil burning, more likely rings since it wont start anymore(no compression). theres a few books out there that deal with mustang 5.0 performance so i would search those out and summit or jegs offer plenty of parts for the injected 5.0's but you'll probably need to find an injected parts car for a bunch of stuff. stangs, cougars, t-birds,lincolns all used the same basic injection setup, i think trucks used a different intake.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech