Some help plz - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

General Tech Have a question that is not covered by one of the other categories? This is the forum for all other items not specifically covered in other categories.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-08-2003, 06:11   #1 (permalink)
XR Driver

Some help plz

I recently got a ef xr6. I was wondering what is the best way 2 take of in "race mode"

I beat my mates VN but only by a lil bit :( his car is 200kg lighter but thats no exuse. I rekon the XR has more potential.

Its an AUTO i built up da revs to 2000 and then pedal to the metal. Should the revs be higher or lower 4 a better take of?

Does Optimax increase perfomance in any way or is that just BS so u pay 5c more 4 petrol????
miro is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-08-2003, 07:25   #2 (permalink)

u will notice improvemont using optimax, I only run optimax in my ED and IMO its worth it
17" ROH Shadow Chrome RT's, K&N Air Filter, LSD Conversion w/ 3.7 Gears.
Proudest Addition: Socks the Brindle Staffy Girl.
Proud TQE Operator
6pAc|30nG|00n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2003, 10:55   #3 (permalink)

Bung er up to 2500 rpm and let er rip. (Put some money in your money-box to replace the transmission - which will surely die doing these stunts).

Optimax is better than normal ULP.
Old 03-08-2003, 14:14   #4 (permalink)
EFXR62

I also only beat my mate who has VN by a little bit.. My car's a stock EF XR6 with a 2.5" exhaust..
His VN has extractors, exhaust, head work, etc..

My car is also an AUTO, and i'm looking into getting a Shifter kit, which basically makes your auto last longer if you intend on treating it like a race car.. :)
Here's a link: http://www.bmracing.com/products/kit...over_ford.html

Good Luck.
Old 03-08-2003, 16:50   #5 (permalink)
brenlam

how much $$$ do they go for
Old 03-08-2003, 17:40   #6 (permalink)
345kw of V8 Windsor Power

Those shift kits are for the american AOD 4 speed auto, not the aussie BTR one. Modifications to the valve body will cost around $500 from any good auto trans place and will give you an excellent shift.
EDXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2003, 04:53   #7 (permalink)
EFXR62

I contacted Herrod motorsport, and they do quite a good deal on the shifter kits for the btr auto boxes.. I'm just waiting for the money, and i'm having it done..

Ring Herrod motorsport and ask for Rob.. He can answer any queries you might have about the kit..

Cheers,
Yagz
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech