Ford Forums banner

Speed sensor wire - 9/88 EA S

3K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  1LOWEA 
#1 ·
Hey guys,

I've been wiring up a trip computer in my EA and have one wire left, the speedo sensor one. I have been told to connect the white wire on the trip computer loom to pin 16 on the lower instrument cluster connector which is supposed to be red.

It isn't red. It's yellow with a red stripe. I connected it anyway, and now the computer shuts itself down when the wire's connected and turns on when it's disconnected.

Me thinks I have the wrong wire. Were they in any other pins or were they another colour?

Cheers,

Sundeep

#3 ·
No it isn't.

If that was the case, I would have had my dash back together last week. The problem is the loom in my car is 2 years older than the the loom on the computer, so they are different.

Anyone else? I have been told pin 10 (blue with red bands) should work but I have tried it very breifly to no avail. Should I test it for longer?

Sundeep

#5 ·
Speedo

Sundeep, check your email.
Regards.

#6 ·
yo sundeep, just got back inside from workin on my car. I changed the trip wiring to the speedo. I had it connected to the red one on the sintrumental plug. i changed it to the white one. IT WORKS!!!! i took it for a drive round the block and it begins doing its calculations. Im gona take it for a drive tonight for around 30 min see what else happends. So just connect it to the white one, its next to the red.

goodluck bro

#7 ·
I kind of did that about 2 months ago David!

Thanks anyway though ;) Good to see you've got yours working properly too. I bet you got the instructions to put it to the red one off fordmods eh? They said they'd fix that!

Sundeep

Reactions: needfordspeed
#9 ·
Yeah I meant I got it working :p

Have you got the dimmer working? That's one thing I haven't done, but then again who can be stuffed pulling the dash apart for one wire?!?

Sundeep

#11 ·
Haha yeah, not as far back as some though!

Sundeep

#12 ·
no havent done the dimmer yet, as the wire for it is not there in my EA, and i have to run it from the heater controls or the actual light switch itself. When i do it will write a small duco on it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.