Ford Forums banner

starter issues

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  atec77 
#1 ·
I have a 2000 windstar with 170K that won't start. The electrical comes up on the dash when the key is turned but it won't turn over. I checked the 30 amp mini fuse in the box undr the hood, I changed the starter to a new one and I am juicing up the battery - why won't it turn over? What am I missing? A fuse? A relay? And on that note I hooked up the origional starter to power and both the solinoid and crank both work.

Now when I do turn the key I get a click but that is it - please help!!!!!!! :beerbottl

#2 ·
motley said:
I have a 2000 windstar with 170K that won't start. The electrical comes up on the dash when the key is turned but it won't turn over. I checked the 30 amp mini fuse in the box undr the hood, I changed the starter to a new one and I am juicing up the battery - why won't it turn over? What am I missing? A fuse? A relay? And on that note I hooked up the origional starter to power and both the solinoid and crank both work.

Now when I do turn the key I get a click but that is it - please help!!!!!!! :beerbottl
If the battery turns another car over ok then make sure the trans nuetral switch isnt problematic

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.