Ford Forums banner

Starter motor..

2K views 13 replies 13 participants last post by  ebxr8240 
#1 ·
Well folks got a price on a genuine Ford Starter motor for the falc today as mines cactus..
$1295...........................................
I had to ask the guy twice if he had heard me properly "Starter Motor" mate....
Yep $1295 but ill give ya one at trade price $1080.
Why bother Ill push start the bloody thing!!!!!!

#3 ·
HOLLY McWiggertree jesus thats a bloody rip off. Can you rebuild a starter moter or is it all over for it?

#4 ·
That's rediculous...... and an even bigger slap across the face with the whole trade price thing!.

Bursons or Repco have bosch hi torque or something replacements for 1/5th that ammount, think they're universal for 6's and 8's from xf to au. You'd be able to buy a gear reduction starter for under that wouldn't you.?

#5 ·
i got a new bosch installed in the ED last month for $180 , it sounds heaps nicer than the stock one hehehehe

james

#7 ·
st00pid said:
That's rediculous...... and an even bigger slap across the face with the whole trade price thing!.

Bursons or Repco have bosch hi torque or something replacements for 1/5th that ammount, think they're universal for 6's and 8's from xf to au. You'd be able to buy a gear reduction starter for under that wouldn't you.?
I got one of those fitted into my XF for only $250!

$1080? How much markup would be on that!??

Extreme

#13 ·
Try a 6-pot starter, I've got one on a 308 and it's lasted a year so far...

#14 ·
Did you ask for gold platted windings etc..Whats wrong with the old one? Brush's , bearings. Parts are not that expensive for them !!!
Besides it maybe the relay or contacts in it...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.