Sub Enclosure Advice For AU - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

General Tech Have a question that is not covered by one of the other categories? This is the forum for all other items not specifically covered in other categories.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-21-2002, 12:21   #1 (permalink)
Yeah .... I am here

Read Sub Enclosure Advice For AU

peoples,

in the next few weekends, when i can scam one off work, i am going to be making a nice enclosure for me subs in the boot of the AU. i had a box in my old ED, it was nothing great but went hard, when i sold the ED i ripped it all out, why give 3 subs and 2 amps away ?
ANy way, any recommendations on where to brace the main part of the box in the boot ? it will be all built behind the rear seats on that hump. And i havent the faintest where i can brace it in, any help would be appreciated ??? if you have done this in your car , maybe a pic of how you braced it in ???

thanks in advance
XR8fella is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-22-2002, 02:14   #2 (permalink)
au2 forte

Just my suggestion, I'm sure ppl will have other/better ways that they've done it.

On the underside of the parcel shelf, close to where the factory sub would be, there are some small holes? There's actually a few of them in a line ? You could put screws in a few of them to join brackets to the parcel shelf, either with nuts, or you could maybe use self tappers ? Then you could join the other end of the brackets to your sub box. If you do this though, consider sound deadening the shelf first, or some insulation at where the brackets meet the parcel shelf. Because when your sub box vibrates, your whole shelf will join the party.
au2_xpack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2002, 03:05   #3 (permalink)

or you could do the dodgy and just let it float around in the boot..... lol..... Still sounds good, and if you cover the box in the same carpet that the boot is lined with you can thrash your car and you still won't move the thing.......

Reason i bothed typing this is i know a few people who are too lazy to bother with anything else, so they just cover it in carpet and let it float around... lol......
FORDV8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2002, 21:44   #4 (permalink)

I installed a sub in my AUII, and mounted it to the floor of the boot.

I made the box to fit on the hump in the boot. It was designed to face the sub rearwards away from the cabin (better sound). I screwed a hook in the front side (the side facing the back of the car). I then installed a hook under the back seat where the seat mounts to the car. I then secured the whole thing with a heavy duty rubber elastic (from clark rubber $10) THe elastic goes over the top of the box and down the back and latches to the hook at the back of the back seat. The box is covered in Carpet and has not moved a millimeter since installed over a year ago.
dk_falconXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2002, 02:00   #5 (permalink)
Ex Member

in my brothers Au, hes forfieted his boot and spare wheel completly. Theres a custom made box that fits into the spare wheel hole, and is then level with the boot opening. in it is a single "cerwin vega" 15" some massive capacitor and several rediculous amp's. all finnished off in seemless black vinal, fitting flush with the top of the amps, cap, and sub. before this and the rest of the stuff was installed the car was totaly gutted and had those tar sheets installed all thoughout doors, floors, roof, firewall, boot floor sides and lid. all up cost about 20g, but its shocking how much this one sub puts out. and with all that sound deadening it still shakes the house windows on half voliume. and when the stereo is off, what impresses me more is how friggen quiet the drive is now!
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech