T-SERIES snorkel - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

General Tech Have a question that is not covered by one of the other categories? This is the forum for all other items not specifically covered in other categories.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-06-2001, 12:50   #1 (permalink)

T-SERIES snorkel

After driving from canberra to brisbane i found the car accelorated smoother and ran smoother on the highway .
myxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-21-2001, 08:51   #2 (permalink)

can someone please tell me the difference between the t series snorkel and the xr i was told that it was different but when i went to ford and purchased one they told me they where the same.any information on a after market part price power increase etc.i own a au2 xr8
cuza24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2001, 10:01   #3 (permalink)
BSR

They are the same from AU2 XR8 onwards......

Does yours have the Tickford wings on the snorkel?? They cost about $23 for Ford. Power increase will be next to none! Xr6 owners will get more of a benefit because they are a quite a bit bigger.
XLR8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2001, 11:31   #4 (permalink)
RAVEN

Does the T-series snorkel fit onto a EF II Fairmont (6 cylinder)? Does the snorkel provide any benefits and if so is it in performance, fuel economy or torque?

I believe the alternative is a EL GT snorkel but I have heard they are a bit pricey. But the T-series snorkel does have the Tickford wings where the EL GT snorkel doesn't.
Old 10-21-2001, 19:22   #5 (permalink)

RAVEN
Ivefitted it to my EFs1 it took about 20min I found it to improve throttle response and is quite largerthan the original and about $320 cheaper than an aftermarket snorkle offered by local exaust shops. Its a cheap mod that if you are not satisfied whith you havent gone broke trying
Darren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2001, 19:34   #6 (permalink)
RAVEN

Darren

Thanks for the reply. Do you have a part number for the snorkel? Just confirming the price quoted by XLR8 ($23)?

To remove the current snorkel do I just unscrew the two screws which bolt the snorkel to the body and unclip?
Old 10-22-2001, 07:46   #7 (permalink)

The part number for the T-SERIES snorkel I fitted is TAUVE 9A624A , I paid $27 here in CANBERRA
Old 10-22-2001, 10:14   #8 (permalink)
RAVEN

just rang Ford spare parts

the guy on the phone just told me it doesn't fit and hung up. Any comments?
Old 10-22-2001, 10:49   #9 (permalink)

I had to file a bit from the fan shroud so it sat properly , and drill a new mounting hole , try another dealer or ask for someone else.I had to pay up front because it was something they didnt normaly stock , tyr going into the dealer and talking face to face.
Old 10-22-2001, 12:15   #10 (permalink)

Raven,
My only comment would be to find a new spare parts dealer - there's no excuse for Arogance.

Myxr6
I just rang my ford dealer and you've got the T in the part number in the wrong spot
It should be AUTVE 9A624A and at $25.90 I've got to try it

See yah
Paul B
xr6wgn is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech