Ford Forums banner

Telstar TX5 Turbo

5K views 16 replies 7 participants last post by  Grebs85 
#1 ·
Heya Guys.

My Girlfriend has a 1988 Ford Telstar Turbo (Mazda) and I want to give her a cheap Turbo for Christmas.

Can anyone recommend a turbo we can run at a rather low boost just to up the Power in the 2.2 a bit.

Could you also include an estimation of what the price would be just for the turbo (not installation).

This would be a great help guys - thanks heaps.

#3 ·
Hey dude... i had the exact same car... was nice untill it was stolen. Whats wrong with the standard turbo? Is it rooted?

Brent

G
#5 ·
mate its not that easy. the motors are different, you would need a whole new exhaust, different computer, way to much trouble, best bet it to sell it and buy a turbo model. especially because insurance will not cover you and it will no longer be legally registered, because its not a factory turbo.

#7 ·
Hi Guys,

This is a nice forum you guys have here!

i just bought a TX5, and i wanna do it up and spend heaps of money on it, slap a turbo on it, lower it, nice rims, respray, wogjob sunroof, is gonna be sweet as.
I know it will cost 10 times the value of my car to do all this, but i dont care.

do you guys have a cruise coming up? it would be graet to catch up will all of my new mates on the Ford Forums.

Cheers
Schemy

#8 ·
Buy a complete turbo engine from Jap importers or better still buy a front cut which will include ecu,dash front suspension and brakes...You'll possibly get whole package for less than aftrmarket ecu and tuned...It will bolt straight in...

#14 ·
I live in Penrith area...Came from N.Z some time back..Go there atleast once a year...
Yep 4 posts in a row ???

#17 ·
hey guyz,

im new to this site just joined today!!
im on my way to buyin a TX5 Turbo 88 manual i think its 2.2ltr, anways im getting it dirt cheap ($600) wit spare mags new tyres, stereo, good body, but a stuffed motor. when i mean stuffed i mean 300,000 kms, almost ceased turbo and a couple gaskets gone, plus noisy lifters and i think its been overheated. im buying it to rebuild it and i have a budget of $3000. can anyone help me wit gettin a turbo for it or does anyone know where i can get the turbo recond somewhere. im goin to be workin on it slowly. ill be working on the body and leave the engine for the time being. brakes need to be redone.

cheers
ben

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.