Temp-Ea cfi - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

General Tech Have a question that is not covered by one of the other categories? This is the forum for all other items not specifically covered in other categories.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-28-2004, 06:18   #1 (permalink)

Temp-Ea cfi

Hi guys

Just bought a EA CFI Auto. I have just read a previous thread about bouncing temp guage and think i may have the same problem but i am not sure. It doesnt seem to bad when i am driving ,and when on the freeway it will stay just under normal. However ,as soon as i leave the freeway it will get cl0se to half normal and fluctuate but i find when i stop the car and get back in it 10 mins later the temp is Quite high after its been sitting. The needle drops to a normal level of just under half of normal pretty much as soon as its started again but while sitting it overheats.

Its seems like there is a build up of presure when the motor isnt running causing it to get hot when there is no water flowing but i dont understand this at all. Perhaps the guage is falty and like i said i just bought it , its is my first ford so if anyone has any advice or if anyone has had this problem i would appreciate your help..

Regards
Rossco

Last edited by Rocket Ross; 02-28-2004 at 06:23.
Rocket Ross is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-28-2004, 06:46   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Ford Member

Re: Temp-Ea cfi

Unlikely the guage is faulty, it'll either work or not work.

Sounds to me like your fan isn't working 100%. Give it a spin by hand, does it spin freely, not spin at all or spin then come to a stop quickly?
psycho chicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2004, 17:09   #3 (permalink)

Hi thanks for your reply.

I can spin the fan by hand but it comes to a stop as soon as i let go. The fan keeps it cool when running.. I do have a slight squeek now and then on start up from the belt, mainly only if the a/c is on.. Ill give the thing a good tighten and see if its ok.. Thanks mate.

Rossco
Rocket Ross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2004, 17:26   #4 (permalink)
Look! A flying orangutan!

Also check you haven't picked up a load of crap (leaves etc) between the aircon radiator and the engine radiator.

Pacemaker headers + 2.5" exhaust
EF Fairmont interior
MP3 player
Lowered King springs
5 speed manual
EF motor

Newest mod: EF Ghia wiring loom and dash
mongrelEB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2004, 17:29   #5 (permalink)
Veteran Ford Member

The fan should spin freely then stop, so going by that the fan itself is fine. Water pump should be fine, given the engine cools down when you start it while hot (cold water in the radiator being pumped through).
psycho chicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech