things that make u go hmmm...... - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

General Tech Have a question that is not covered by one of the other categories? This is the forum for all other items not specifically covered in other categories.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-28-2002, 01:50   #1 (permalink)
mickt

things that make u go hmmm......

Noticed today when i started the car, the lcd display on the climate control panel(ghia) flashed 4 times.Thought nothing of it initially but when i got to work i stopped and started the car a few times and it flashed everytime the engine started.Help!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-28-2002, 05:23   #2 (permalink)
Fly like a Falcon

a/c

mine dose the same... well it flashes 6 times... i know the air takes a long time to get to the vent that i derected it to... eg it takes 20 mins to go from feet to face... and i am pretty sure thats why it flashes... nothing to do with the engine...
Old 03-02-2002, 17:38   #3 (permalink)

Re: a/c

Hey Mickt,

When your climate control system flashes on and off three times at start up, it means that there is an error in the system. An error usually occurs when you have a faulty or disconnected sensor.

What you do is reset the system by doing the following:

1. Turn ON ignition only. (engine OFF)
2.Press the floor outlet button and hold while you press the Off button, then release both.

Your system should be resetting for about 20 seconds.

After 20 seconds, Your system will either go back to the off position or display an error code.( eg, E3,E5 etc)

If it displays an error code then you have a fault. I can give you a list of what these codes mean if you need it.

Also, do you live in Qld? Because I do and recently with all the hot weather we have been having, my system started to display a faulty temperature sensor. I have changed the sensor 3 times but it still shows a fault.
Old 03-03-2002, 07:49   #4 (permalink)
mickt

E3 error

Hey image , thanx for the info. Did as instructed and an E3 error came up. When u get a chance let us know the prob. for this code
No mate, live in Vic.
Cheer's
Old 03-03-2002, 08:01   #5 (permalink)
Xyphoid

E3 Error

The E3 Error is the Cabin sensor open circuit.

This is located near the 2 switches, near the clock/Trip Computer.

To get to it.
1) Remove the Instrument panel.
2) Remove the radio surround bezel.
3) Remove the 4 screws retaining the centre register housing, and withdraw sufficiently to allow access to the cabin temperature sensor.
4) Gently pry the cabin temperature sensor from the 2 mounting pins. Excessive force will break the mounting pins from the register panel, so be careful !!!
5) Check the sensor wiring and the sensor tube, as these are possibly disconnected or faulty.

Hope this helps
Cheers
Matt
Old 03-04-2002, 18:36   #6 (permalink)

Re: E3 Error

Mickt,

Check out this website;

www.autoemf.com.au/ford-acc.htm

Here you will find all the error codes for the climate control.
You will find instructions on how to do a 'self test mode' (which you have just done), and also how to turn your climate control to 'monitor mode'. Monitor mode is a really cool because it allows you to do things like, check cabin temperature, outside temperature, engine temp, solar sensor,fan speed, blend flap open angle and more.

I keep a print out of this web page in my workshop manual. It comes in really handy.
Old 03-04-2002, 18:47   #7 (permalink)

Re: Woops

Sorry, typing error.

That website is:

www.autoemf.com.au/ford_acc.htm

Also, if you find out how to fix the E3 error (Cabin sensor)
could you let us know. I have the same problem with mine.
I can reset the climate control and it goes away but only for about a week. I have changed the cabin sensor 3 times but it doesn't help.
Old 03-04-2002, 23:24   #8 (permalink)
mickt

thanx

Thanx xyphoid & image. Pulling apart dashes sounds painful. Is it easy on these ea's? Will let u know image if i fix it.
Old 03-04-2002, 23:29   #9 (permalink)
ben

Re: thanx

basic cars dont have these problems.

and whats wierd about it, is we stay the same temperature as you guys that do!

ben
ben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2002, 23:31   #10 (permalink)
mickt

ur right

Too true ben. The more u have, the more problems.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech