Ford Forums banner

Tickford Extractors

1K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Jase_ELXR8 
#1 ·
I was talking to a guy at an exhaust shop in relation to extractors for an EF 5 Litre. He suggested getting tickford extractors.
Apparently (I haven't ever seen any) they have ath ceramic coating inside and out, anyways how do these comare to others like pacemaker etc. Are they just as good or are they a waste of money?
Thanks for the help guys.:redhrm:

#2 ·
Ghia said:
I was talking to a guy at an exhaust shop in relation to extractors for an EF 5 Litre. He suggested getting tickford extractors.
Apparently (I haven't ever seen any) they have ath ceramic coating inside and out, anyways how do these comare to others like pacemaker etc. Are they just as good or are they a waste of money?
Thanks for the help guys.:redhrm:
The tickford ones are ok, but there's better ones out there. I would recommend you get yourself a set of HM headers as they use an interferance design as opposed to 4 into 1. I'm being biased towards them though, you could go pacemaker or genie too. Make sure you get new cats too, the HM ones and the tickford ones (made by HM to ford specs) come with them, not sure about the two though...

#3 ·
Tickford headers do not necessarily come with the coating.

For extensive discussion on the issue of headers and exhaust look at the thread in this area titled "Exhaust for XR8".

I am similarly biased to HM product as I have never regretted using their stuff before.

#5 ·
It is a ceramic coating.Very heat resistant!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.