Tint-A-Cr@p - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

General Tech Have a question that is not covered by one of the other categories? This is the forum for all other items not specifically covered in other categories.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-07-2002, 23:39   #1 (permalink)
Desiring 800HP

mad Tint-A-Cr@p

For my 18th bday present my family got the windows on my ea tinted for me at tint-a-car. Four hours and $250 later we drove my pride and enjoy home to discover a fair bit of damage (smashed back window plastic pillar, smashed back seat A shaped window plastic trim, missing screws, wrong screws used in places, back speakers left unscrewed in, door trims not put back on properly, parcel shelf carpet pulled up and left, back seats left improperly installed) the interior was left in a mess with dirt marks every where!!!!
I was preparing my car for when I get my license on Tuesday, already have done many mods to my car (inc 17" wheels, lowering, exhaust....many more) but tint a car managed to stuff it all up for me, tint looks good though!!!
I rang the guy and he said to bring it and he will fix it all, oh well will have to wait and see what happens
Did he really expect the owner to go home and not realise the damage and just live with the car the way he left? (the back seats wouldn’t even open because of the way he put them back in)

He has committed a more serious crime than driving a commodore and that is vandalising an EA!!!!
Matador is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-08-2002, 01:03   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Ford Member

D'oh,

Hope it all works out for ya mate :D

Sundeep
Sundeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2002, 01:43   #3 (permalink)
Ford Anti B&S Squad

Tint

Thats bad news dude. I make it a rule before i take the car home to go over what the guy has done. I tell the guy doing the work to take me over what he has done. My worse experince with this was while my car was at the mechanic some person backed into it and damaged the car and broke the bumper. This pissed me of so much, but hey what could i do i dont know who hit. This is the down side of cars.
EA90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2002, 01:48   #4 (permalink)
400 kg ego

Hmmm my experience was different. I had them damage and replace a minor plastic part that was already broken. They actually damaged it again while putting it on (haha) but it still looked better than before. Since then I got around to replacing the item properly. Didn't cost anything.

1989 Ford Fairmont Ghia turbo/GL replica (underway)
1994 Eunos 800M
1990 Ford Laser S
Troutman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2002, 00:00   #5 (permalink)
Pulse__8

Yeah they did the same stuff to mine. I went back and cracked the shits and they paid to get it fixed.
Old 06-09-2002, 02:26   #6 (permalink)
-

i had the same sort of problems... i recommend people to premier now. they ****ed all the screws in my door trims, cost me $20 for new ones and about an hour of my time to drill the old ones out and fit the new ones...
galapogos01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2002, 02:46   #7 (permalink)
E-Series Acting VP

Everyone I now who has gone to tint-a-car has come back unhappy.

A mate of mine's VL was completely f*#ked up inside when he got it back. They'd put a couple of rips (only small) in the seats, the parcel shelf had all these scrape marks on it and the whole car was covered in mud and tint offcuts.

My girlfriend's festiva had a REALLY dodgy tint job done to it. There were bubbles and imperfections everywhere, and on the passenger side window, the tint wasn't even stuck on properly. They also broke one of the door trims and mirror adjustor thingy. Needless to say, I took it back and became rather forceful in demanding they repair everything and clean up the car.
And too their credit, they didn't hesitate to do just that. But the point is, I shouldn't have had to ask......

I took my EA, my last car (an XF) and my mates EA to Advanced window tinting in Dandenong, and they did an excellent job. So i'd recommend them for anyone who intends to tint their car's windows in the future.

I think it's shocking that they (tint-a-car) try to run a business like that... they oughta be shot....

Dave

Thanatos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2002, 17:33   #8 (permalink)

I'm glad this thread came up, because window tinting is one of the next mods to be done on my car. Had I not known this info I would've gone to Tint-a-Car.

Because my interior is one of the neatest features of my car I would be quite upset if it was damaged in any way. I don't mind travelling to have a good job done, so maybe I will give that mob in Dandenong a go when the time comes.
Kenaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2002, 18:16   #9 (permalink)
300+rwkw DC LTD Member

If you had come on here first, befor getting ya windows done, I would have put you onto a bloke in springvale, who did mine. He did the best job at the best price. He has noe done most of my mates cars...
Stereo by ///Alpine
LTDHO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2002, 18:35   #10 (permalink)
Ford Anti B&S Squad

Tinting

LTDHO, who is the guy in springvale. How much does he charge to do it. Ohh and how long does he take.
EA90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech