Titan Power Upgrades - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

General Tech Have a question that is not covered by one of the other categories? This is the forum for all other items not specifically covered in other categories.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-20-2002, 07:38   #1 (permalink)
Ford Member

Question Titan Power Upgrades

Titan Ford in WA have Power upgrades for both V8's and IL6. I just want to know what people with a bit more experiance in the modification feild think of the prices and the possible kW gains!

Stage 1: Custom cold air intake with custom box and ducting all the way to throtle body, this includs a K&n sports air filter ~$270

Stage 2: stage 1 plus pacemaker headers and some sort of high flow exhaust, i recal trickflow for some reason, but its the whole exahust system ~$1100

Stage 3: stage 1 and stage 2 plus crow cam stage 2 ~ $1650

To me the prices look pretty good since they include labour! what you guys think??

I am thinking stage 3 beacuse my car is stock in terms of engine atm! i'd get an after an before dyno run. Is a 25 rwkw gain optemistic??? The engine is very healtly and strong now.
XtRmn8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-20-2002, 20:19   #2 (permalink)
345kw of V8 Windsor Power

Crow says you will gain around 20-25rwkw with their stage 2 cam and exhaust. You could also look at the Jim Mock DEV Kits which are quite cheap too.
EDXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2002, 20:36   #3 (permalink)
T5 Expert Operator

Hmmm i'm curious to see what they have to offer in terms of there stage 1 kit, with there custom box and ducting to the throttle body. If it works it sounds like a good deal as other places charge like over $400 for that kind of setup.

Wonder if anyone who is around Perth can get a piccie of it.

AUII Late Ed XR6 HP T5 Venom- Full Tickford Body Kit, 17in Wheels, Herrod Bi-plane Spoiler, Momo Steer/Gear, T-Series Interior Options, Premium Stereo and a very light-tuned 4.0L I6

(FPV-Tickford Club of NSW Member and Co-Founding Member of 3FB Inc, Ford Forums Food Bandits)
XR_Strider_GuY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2002, 23:37   #4 (permalink)
Officially Bored with 347

I posted a thread on this sometime ago.... The Airbox mod that I saw was that SS Induction setup with a K&N panel filter, there was talk at that time which included the ducting etc to the t/body.
the cams that i saw were from Compu-Cams.
They had all this other stuff but the one that really stood out was the Billet crank underdrive pulley.. I have one installed & makes a noticeable difference without any cooling or charging woes whatsoever.... Check it out in my pics
http://discussions.fordforums.com/sh...&threadid=3913

Member of the "TKTDSGM " Group..
svo347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2002, 00:02   #5 (permalink)
At the 3FB Cheese Wheel

If it seems too good to be true, then it usually is!

Those prices seem very cheap for what they are offering. I hope they are using good quality products and not rubbish to keep the costs down. A 25 rwkw isn't optimistic, infact it is quite obtainable from what they claim they will do to the car.

I'd do a bit of research before hand.
Old 08-21-2002, 01:11   #6 (permalink)

P.S. For us WA lads check out the new "Perth Street Car" they also have a write up of the power Enhancements available ie Extractors & T series heads etc

Old 08-21-2002, 01:35   #7 (permalink)
Poor IT guy

I think that these upgrades may be the H.I.T. upgrades that were in Perth Street Car a while ago.

The stage one was a modified airbox made to flow 400hp (tested on a flow bench), T-series snorkel and K&N.
Homer? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2002, 02:24   #8 (permalink)

Not sure mate.... tho i did see that article. Have a look at the new mag out now

Old 08-21-2002, 04:06   #9 (permalink)
socially irresponsible

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Jamie XR6
[B]If it seems too good to be true, then it usually is!

why does everything that dosn't cost a million dollars be no good. you can get spare parts from parts retailers that are a third of the price of ford's and still survive. $hits me this. seems if you havn't paid more than the guy next to you then it : 1 won't work properly, 2 won't produce as much power, 3 have as much wank power in the pub.

if i can get a camshaft, exhaust system and induction for half the price of a name brand, great..........but then i guess i won't have the wank appeal of a brand name.

$650.00 for a roller cam.....give me a break!!!!!!
price 1 on the net in the states do the exchange rate conversion then see how much we're being ripped off by local "names"

then again you need the name to gain the 3 points as said earlier. don't you???
JG33PY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2002, 04:45   #10 (permalink)
At the 3FB Cheese Wheel

I'm not saying that you have to pay large amounts of money to get good gear and you are talking to the wrong guy about wank value and brand names, they don't mean that much to me.

You just proved that by shopping around you can save money and you always will save doing it that way. What I meant was that by buying through a Ford dealer or any automotive place that offer enhancements you often pay too much. Ford buy they same parts from the same place as everybody else does, then they mark it up.

The prices seem very cheap, all I said was investigate further into what they had to offer. I don't like to see people get ripped off, if it works out that it's a good deal, then good for them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech