Torco oil - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

General Tech Have a question that is not covered by one of the other categories? This is the forum for all other items not specifically covered in other categories.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-27-2004, 08:25   #1 (permalink)
The Guy You Love To Hate

Torco oil

Hey ive been looking around and come across Torco engine oil once in a while. Ive seen a few dyno comparisons and they always come up with significantly better power than the other oils.

Anyone had any experience, heard about Torco? Im always keen to try new things hehe, im using Magnatec right now.

Just another Eseries...
T_Terror is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-27-2004, 16:54   #2 (permalink)
ESP
V8 GT pilot

Re: Torco oil

This is a terrible oil in my opinion.

I used it once, the one with the MPZ already mixed in.
My brother and I both run Clevelands and we both found that this oil behaved quite bizarrely in our motors. My motor "drank" 21/2 litres of it within 3000 KLM and my bros car somehow lost 1 1/2 litres in under 1000 KLM.

This stuff is slippery and very thin when hot.......I guess it's how it makes its power. It relies on the MPZ crap in the oil mix to prevent metal on metal contact. The oil just seems to "burn" away.

I guess in a circuit or drag race situation it doesn't really matter because you race and then dump the oil. In a street driven situation, you want to get at least 5000 k's before you dump.

I will never use it again..............I'm using Mobil 1 full SYNTH 5 - 50 now and have no such problems.............lucky to top it up with 500mls over a 5000 K period. In the summer, I will use the Castrol Full SYNTH 10 - 60 which is also a brilliant oil with fantastic heat stability. Iron headed Clevos running on straight LPG with High Comp in hot traffic conditions are killers on oils and these 2 I have found to be excellent in my application.

Use at your own discretion and tell us how you go if you do use it.
ESP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2004, 01:53   #3 (permalink)
The SB Slayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ESP
This is a terrible oil in my opinion.

I used it once, the one with the MPZ already mixed in.
My brother and I both run Clevelands and we both found that this oil behaved quite bizarrely in our motors. My motor "drank" 21/2 litres of it within 3000 KLM and my bros car somehow lost 1 1/2 litres in under 1000 KLM.

This stuff is slippery and very thin when hot.......I guess it's how it makes its power. It relies on the MPZ crap in the oil mix to prevent metal on metal contact. The oil just seems to "burn" away.

I guess in a circuit or drag race situation it doesn't really matter because you race and then dump the oil. In a street driven situation, you want to get at least 5000 k's before you dump.

I will never use it again..............I'm using Mobil 1 full SYNTH 5 - 50 now and have no such problems.............lucky to top it up with 500mls over a 5000 K period. In the summer, I will use the Castrol Full SYNTH 10 - 60 which is also a brilliant oil with fantastic heat stability. Iron headed Clevos running on straight LPG with High Comp in hot traffic conditions are killers on oils and these 2 I have found to be excellent in my application.

Use at your own discretion and tell us how you go if you do use it.
You also forgot to mention my car came back on a tow truck.This oil is like a vanishing act you put in 6 litres and then it becomes 3 litres no good.

Introducing the Boss 290 powerplant
The Boss 290 combines the best of both worlds, with race-bred power and everyday comfort. The awe-inspiring Boss 290 is a powerplant unlike any ever built in this country and comes to life on Australia's only current V8 production line.
FPVGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2004, 02:54   #4 (permalink)
The Guy You Love To Hate

That dosent sound any good.
I noticed that it states that newer engines are built within tighter tolerances and Torco is specially formulated for it (or something along those lines) so maybey you wouldnt such severe oil usage with a OHC engine?
Im still tempted to have a go, ill post the results when i do.

Thanks guys

Just another Eseries...
Old 09-28-2004, 04:22   #5 (permalink)
what u lookin at

use redline. costs more i think but ive read many results reviews and it has always increased horsepower, reduced friction and heat. i will be using it once i get my turbo....

the mobil 1 and castrol R seem better option to torco by the sounds of it and execellent value 4 money. shell helix ulrtra 5w/40 is also an excellent one. but u may want to go a bit thicker than 40 grade. pennzoil and penrite are also very hi quality

i wouldnt use magnatec as it is shite, many other posts confirm this. i dont mean offence or anyhing, id just rather your engine healthier...
needturbo6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2004, 06:04   #6 (permalink)
no tire smoke no fun!

i use Mobil1 full Synth on my car and every year i add a bottle of slick 50, i done over 250.000km with the engine and i never loose a drop, i tried the Torco oil and imho was shit, it reved a bit cleaner when you initially start up but then was just like the Mobil1 but with the vanishing act present. 8.000km it chewed 6 liters and half, imho that's $ down the exhaust pipe with no joy out of it

There is a war inside my head, if I take a day off I'll die!

This cat, is cat, a cat, good cat, way cat, to cat, keep cat, a cat, idiot cat, busy cat, for cat, 20 cat, seconds cat! Now read it all without the word cat!
zbenga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2004, 06:34   #7 (permalink)
The Guy You Love To Hate

[QUOTE=needturbo6]use redline. costs more i think but ive read many results reviews and it has always increased horsepower, reduced friction and heat. i will be using it once i get my turbo....

the mobil 1 and castrol R seem better option to torco by the sounds of it and execellent value 4 money. shell helix ulrtra 5w/40 is also an excellent one. but u may want to go a bit thicker than 40 grade. pennzoil and penrite are also very hi quality

i wouldnt use magnatec as it is shite, many other posts confirm this. i dont mean offence or anyhing, id just rather your engine healthier...[/QUOTE]

None taken. I just wanted to try it after i got my head reco'ed, plus i thought it would lubricate things abit more faster seeing as its "magnetic".

Never heard of Redline, ill have to have a look. Maybe i will too, once i get my turbo as well (lol, how long have i been saying that).

Just another Eseries...
Old 09-28-2004, 06:43   #8 (permalink)

Ive been using Magnatec about 12months now.No complaints---engine seems nice n clean and it dont use any in 5000 k's
bluel is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech