Ford Forums banner

TS50 mods

2K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  TE50 1 
G
#1 ·
Need to do something with my series 1 TS50, ( can I at least keep up with the BA Turbo until I can afford a GT?!) The guy at Bryant engineering said he has stroked and balanced a series 1 TS50 with no other mods to produce 270 kw at the flywheel. I asked why the T3's only manage 250 and he said the T1's have the aluminium heads, different cam, etc and the addition of a stroker crank takes them higher than the T3. This sounds good to me as the balance, blueprint and stroke will cost under 5 grand. Anyone care to piss on my party and tell me I'm dreamin'!!? Considering there are only 43 TS1's surely someone knows of the one that's stroked?

#3 ·
Under $5k for a fully installed stroker kit sounds an ok price, but I doubt it will make 270kw while still running the standard intake manifold and heads, well not without a blower on it anyway!

Speaking of which, a Vortech sitting off the side at 8psi will yeild you over 300Kw, cost more than $5k, but atleast youll know the power figure will be genuine!

A BA XR6T will only be seeing taillights if your running a blower, well atleast until they figure out how to crack the BA computer!

#5 ·
Firstly the existence of the bigger heads will depend on build date.

My S1 TE50 is Herrod stroked and produces around the 240 kw mark but with plenty of torque.

I'm only running a 70mm throttle body and stock inlet/exhaust manifolds so there is plenty of room for improvement there.

Likewise I have the small cast iron heads and they are fairly restrictive as well.

Cheers
Russ

G
#6 ·
all series1 TS50's have the 220kw motors, with the alloy heads, larger throttle body different cam etc... so maybe my guy at Bryant engineering is pretty close to the mark with 270, thanks for the post.

G
#7 ·
Hey snavy, is your mate's TE s1 or s2? The early early s2's have the same 220kw as ts1's and the later ones have 220kw but without the alloy heads. 315kw? Sounds too good to be true! I can't help but get excited though! What other mods apart from the stroker have been performed?

#8 ·
gullygump said:
Hey snavy, is your mate's TE s1 or s2? The early early s2's have the same 220kw as ts1's and the later ones have 220kw but without the alloy heads. 315kw? Sounds too good to be true! I can't help but get excited though! What other mods apart from the stroker have been performed?
he has a TE50 series 3, ive spoken to him a few times but dont see him much anymore, but my other friend does. His car was at herrod when the mods were getting done.

His a boy with rich parents. His only 20! get this, while his car was at herrod, his parents bought him a 4WD to drive around in.

#10 ·
My tip is to get it "Herrodified" (TM).

Seriously hav chat to Rob or Geoff and see what they say.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.