Ford Forums banner

Tyre quotes from Beaurepaires

1K views 3 replies 1 participant last post by  RAPTOR 
G
#1 ·
G'day EA owners,

I have asked for a tyre quote from Beaurepaires.

The biggest optional tyre that can fit on an EA (without mods) is the 235/60/15's on 15 x 7.5 wheels for the front and 255/60/15's on 15 x 8.5 wheels for the rear.
------------------------------
Message from Beaurepaires as follows:

"Good Morning Phill
We have in those sizes the Road Huggers, the smaller at $165.00 and the larger
at $173.00.
Prices are fitted and balanced but do not include wheel alignment. These prices
are special"
--------------------------
Total cost $676.00 (For 4 tyres only)

Find correct rim/wheel sizes at your local wrecker.

Hope I can find some good ol' Simmons for cheap!

G
#2 ·
Good Luck Phil82

I got a story about tyres... Onc day me and ma mates went to the back of some tyre place to scab some burnout tyres. We found some I think it was Firestone wilderness's 4x4 tyres. Just for a joke we wanted to see how the EA would go Offroad. Later that day we found out ya can only put em on the back. So anyway cruzin through the pine forrest was MAD but I needed some on the front as when you steer left or right you go straight.

P.S Got em stokin pretty good az well

G
#3 ·
respond to 91 ea spak

Congratulations to your bush adventures with those 4x4 tyres.

I think Ford designed the EA to have larger rear wheel arches so larger tyres on the rear can be fitted with smaller tyres on the front so that must answer your question to why the large 4x4 tyres could only fit on the rear.

You've got me thinking... maybe if I could go to the local tractor wreck and find a tractor tyre with huge treads/gaps (I call them paddles) and find a small one that will fit on the rear and take my EA on rainbow beach and throw those sand into the air! (Noosa beach)

Oh no, I'll need LSD so the tractor tyres work *sigh*

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.