UNICHIP ON 6 - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

General Tech Have a question that is not covered by one of the other categories? This is the forum for all other items not specifically covered in other categories.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-18-2001, 21:57   #1 (permalink)
TIKFD6

UNICHIP ON 6

HI ALL, HAS ANYONE PUT A UNICHIP ON AN XR6?
IVE GOT AN ED AND I AM LOOKING AT PUTING A CAM & UNICHIP ON, ALREADY GOT THE EXAUST/POD FILTER THING,ALSO GOT EL TWIN THERMOS(NOTICABLE DIFFERENCE).

CHEERS
KERRY
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-17-2002, 23:42   #2 (permalink)
Dom01

UNICHIP ON 6

You could try using an EL XR6 EEC-V computer, when they went back to the Dizzy on the EL they kept the same wiring as the EB/ED and added the knock sensor, 2 speed fan control and dual runner plenum control.
My EB is running an EEC-V from an EL XR6 Manual and it runs great, I have been told it has been done on an auto and the wiring seems to be the same but I need to try it to be sure.
Even if you get an additional chip, it the EEC-V will give you the advantage of the extra fetures mentioned above as well as a faster procesor with improved mapping.
If you manage to get your hands on a police EL XR6 Auto EEC-V you will also benifit from a harder auto shift pattern, 6000 rpm rev limit an 210 speed limiter, these were only ever fitted to the auto XR6, South Africa got a manual version and they would be a bit harder to get.
Good Luck
Dom01
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech