Urgent - Heating Vent in '06 Escape Dash ? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

General Tech Have a question that is not covered by one of the other categories? This is the forum for all other items not specifically covered in other categories.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-18-2006, 16:51   #1 (permalink)

Urgent - Heating Vent in '06 Escape Dash ?

Hi -

I'm an idiot and got my cell phone wet. I was drying out the battery in my car with the heat on and was holding it near the heating vent to the right of the stereo in my 2006 escape. Well, it slipped and fell into the vent. I could see it back there and tried to pull it out with tongs, but it fell down further and I have no clue where it went. I'm really nervous that if it gets hot it can blow up or something. Does anyone know where it may have fallen or how I can get back there to get the battery out? I don't really care about the phone, its my safety in my car now. Please help me!
shortyk023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-19-2006, 13:39   #2 (permalink)
wasnt me

Re: Urgent - Heating Vent in '06 Escape Dash ?

unless it gets all the way to the heater core i really dont think it can get hot enough to damage it after all the the ductwork/vents/etc are plastic so its not like theres a fire lit in there.
look under the dash and see if there is any kind of access cover on the ductwork, the ducts should be smooth black plastic that go to all your vents and will come to a large plastic box on the passenger side behind the glove compartment, at least thats how it normally is i havent taken a peek under an escape dash yet.
one thing to try is put your fan on high and heat on in all positions, heat,defrost, vent, a/c, etc then put the temp to cold and go through them again feeling for the air to actually come out where its supposed to on the dash. theres are doors in the ducts that directs the air to where the operator wants it, many times an object dropped in the vents will block a door therefore u wouldnt feel air flow in the correct area to what u put the switch on. if youre lucky a door will be hung up then play dumb and bring it to the dealer under warranty, although they may put up a fuss after fishing the battery out and will want u to pay.
Old 09-20-2006, 18:42   #3 (permalink)
Hi-Tech Redneck

Re: Urgent - Heating Vent in '06 Escape Dash ?

You might get lucky by pulling off the whole cover around the radio and try to get it that way.
Johnny Mullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech