Ford Forums banner

Valvetrain noise

2K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Aussie Pete 
#1 ·
I have an XR8 ute with the 200KW and only about 1500Km on the clock, only problem is it has definite valvetrain rattles that seems to be worst @ about 2500rpm (sounds like a diesel tractor to me, but then again it is my baby). and also a bit 'fluttery' when given a good rev.

As I understand it with the roller cam and rockers Tickford use in this engine should make for at least a quiet vavletrain. Did take it to Klosters Ford whom had it for a day flogged the arse off it and gave it back saying that there is nothing wrong (surprise, surprise)

Question- is there any lash adjustment I can do myself or are the evil men at Klosters right and I am just mad;)

#2 ·
Gimme a call - I will PM you with my mobile number. Mine had same symptoms and it is NOT the valvetrain (highly unlikely anyhow).

#4 ·
Re: Cheers

AZTECH said:
Thx for the effort Pete, the information was invaluable, will PM you to let you know how it all turns out. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
If they pull the engine apart I have a Tickford 220kW roller cam available ;) See the market page for the deal of the century :nuts:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.