vomit stains/stench - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

General Tech Have a question that is not covered by one of the other categories? This is the forum for all other items not specifically covered in other categories.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-08-2002, 06:44   #1 (permalink)
Ex Member

vomit stains/stench

someone just had a bit too much to drink and has filled my backseat up with vomit.

I grabed out the vax and cleaned it up best i can, but i cant see anything with lights or torches, theres a disgusting patch that shows up in sunlight only.

Whats the best way to get vomit stains out of plush?

and how long does it take for the stench to disipate?

if it dosent come out, ill be replacing the seat and panels for new at my brothers expence.

never driving drunk c$%nts again!
Advertisement

Old 04-08-2002, 06:58   #2 (permalink)

Yeah It's not nice when that happens - The vehicle handbook has a cleaning section with recomendations on how to remove stains. It says for vomit - sponge with a solution of warm water and liguid detergent or carpet shampoo - blot up excess water, Rinse with clean water and blot again. When dry brush gently.
If stain remains sponge with a solution of one part Hydrogen Peroxide (10 Volume) to two parts water. Brush when dry.
It also says that you can sponge with cotton cloth moistened with household dry cleaning fluid. then blot.

Steam cleaning might also do it.

See yah

Paul B
XR6WGN
Old 04-09-2002, 00:54   #3 (permalink)
Two SC 61's = trouble

Bicarbonate of soda[baking soda]1 t.spoon to 1Ltr in warm water is good at removing smells.
Then a solution of fabric softener 30/70% water. Spray on and wipe off with good towel.. ask the local taxi driver ???
Give the bucket to your brother to clean it as well!!!
Passengers, myocardial infarction material..
R.I.P Possum...
ebxr8240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2002, 02:37   #4 (permalink)
Ex Member

Quote:
Originally posted by ebxr8240
Bicarbonate of soda[baking soda]1 t.spoon to 1Ltr in warm water is good at removing smells.
Then a solution of fabric softener 30/70% water. Spray on and wipe off with good towel.. ask the local taxi driver ???
Give the bucket to your brother to clean it as well!!!
Thanks for the replys.

My good brother payed for my car to be detailed today, and bloody hell they did a good job. better than the one i got when i bought the car!

looks and smells like new!

and they even complimented on how good condition the car is .
Old 04-09-2002, 02:53   #5 (permalink)
BSR

A Tip from an Ambo......

If someone even looks like vomiting pull there shirt over there head, you will be amazed how quickly they stop feeling sick, but even if they do. You wont be the one cleaning it up!! Works everytime for me!

12/03 FPV GT 725
XLR8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2002, 03:53   #6 (permalink)
Ex Member

Quote:
Originally posted by XLR8
A Tip from an Ambo......

If someone even looks like vomiting pull there shirt over there head, you will be amazed how quickly they stop feeling sick, but even if they do. You wont be the one cleaning it up!! Works everytime for me!
this guy vomited all over him self anyway. I made him take all the vomit soaked clothes off before getting back in the car after pulling over. he was so drunk he just did it infront of oncomming traffic.

So there i am driving along with a drunk guy rolling around in the backseat in nothing more than underpants.

and guess what, i just happend to be pulled over by police too. they shined the light in the back, and said "what the f's going on here?"

i just explained the story and he let us on our way.

probly thought we were a bunch of poofs.
Old 04-09-2002, 03:58   #7 (permalink)

soda water works a treat on most stains on carpets, but im not sure on the seats of your car??
maybe someone else can confirm this

regards jim
EXECJIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2002, 16:26   #8 (permalink)
I want a turtle!

I had a similar experience last year. Driving home from a night club with 4 passangers... the guy who said he could handle 14 bourbons no problems started puking all over the back seat... all over himself, all over the door...

He then opened the door and hung his head out and puked all over the side of the car, and over my mags.

This was driving along a main road too!!

The guy in the front passanger seat almost started puking too cos he has a weak stomach, and cant handle the smell, sounds or sight of someone puking.

I eventually got to the house I was dropping them at, and I made the 2 other passangers from the back clean my car out.
The guy who was puking managed to crawl out of the car, puke on the driveway a few times, and then tripped on a step, fell into the garden and passed out.

That night I left all the doors wide open on my car to make sure the smell got out.
Old 04-09-2002, 18:30   #9 (permalink)
Tickford Ruled; FPV Rocks

Thumbs up

Thanks for the tip XLR8; I'll try it next time I indulge myself with the demon drink. Last saturday night, parents picked me up from a party and I was pissed. I had just puked my guts out in my friends backyard, and was feeling ok. Get into the car to go home and after about three minutes, the world starts spinning, and the nausea returns. Time to pull over and puke my guts out all over the road. I am now experienced enough not to puke in cars whilst travelling: I just tell the driver (in between wretching), fuc*kin pull over! But next time (read next weekend) I'll definitely try the shirt over the head trick.
HP Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech