wagon bad fuel vapour problems - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

General Tech Have a question that is not covered by one of the other categories? This is the forum for all other items not specifically covered in other categories.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-06-2002, 20:11   #1 (permalink)

wagon bad fuel vapour problems

Just lately Ive had bad fuel vapour problems in the cabin of my wagon (Ed falcon xr6) ,ive tightened all fuel lines,returns,removed the valve in the cap thinking it wasnt opening at presure because after a 10-15min drive the cap would nearly blast across the other side of the road when opening it ,but its still unbearable,it looks like around the tank flange is a little moist,has any one had any similar trouble with their tanks in their wagons ,im nearly ready to get another tank unless anyone has a better idea !!!!!!!!!!

any help appreiciated

Thanks
Advertisement

Old 10-06-2002, 23:03   #2 (permalink)

Sounds like your purge may not be working - there is a solenoid operated valve on your canister - maybe get your Ford dealer to check it's operating properly 'cos you certainly don't want those vapours in the cabin.
T3man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2002, 01:04   #3 (permalink)
Australian BA XR6 Falcon

Quote:
Originally posted by T3man
Sounds like your purge may not be working - there is a solenoid operated valve on your canister - maybe get your Ford dealer to check it's operating properly 'cos you certainly don't want those vapours in the cabin.
Yep I agree, its a common problem. The solenoid is in the engine bay behind the left headlight iirc.

Kieron
Kieron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2002, 02:53   #4 (permalink)

vapour

yeh I checked this solinoid valve ,it does not open at any temp ,so i have removed it for now,connected a straight barb in its place so it has vacum constantly out of the tank and will also check out the charcole canister condition tommorrow

thanks
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech