Ford Forums banner

Warming Up a XE

2K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  Bruce 
#1 ·
Hi all,

I have a XE Falcon (250ci), I have fitted extractors, and intend to fit a 2.5" exhaust. What else should I do???
I dont want to make the fuel consumption worse, so I was thinking of putting it on LPG and then getting a cam for LPG applications.

Other than that, what else can I do to give it abit more poke???

Also, I have a pinging problem, I have done the easy stuff, new dizzy cap and rotor, checked the timing, basically, given it a damn good tune up, but even still, put the boot in, and HELLO PINGING!!!
Any ideas on how to fix this??

#2 ·
Cam and carb would be the way to go next for your XE, that is assuming its had a reconditioned motor fairly recently.

I think XE`s came with a 2 barrel webber?
So maybe just getting a better webber would be your best bet.
hope this helps but i`m sure someone else on the forums will give you a better answer than a novice like me.

#3 ·
In my previous car, I ran a fresh stock bottom end, new head with a very mild port and polish and valve job along with a mild crow cam, ultraflow manifold and holly 350 carb. It was a very reliable combo with flat 14 sec 1/4 mile times. It also had better than stock fuel economy. Keeping everything mild is the key along with the ultraflow manifold (by Air Flow Research) whick flows extremely well. This manifold is not cheap though at around $400 but it is worth it.

#4 ·
rolli said:
Hi all,

I have a XE Falcon (250ci), I have fitted extractors, and intend to fit a 2.5" exhaust. What else should I do???
Oh, such an easy question. Lucky Uncle Pete is here to guide you.

Your main problem is you are missing two cylinders. There is only one way to fix that and it involves a transplant - no compromise I'm afraid. The performance will follow.

Other than that, the best way to warm up an XE is cover it in copious amounts of fuel and light a match. Listen to it BARK LIKE A DOG! (woof)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.