Warning: Oil Pressure Switch/Sensor - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

General Tech Have a question that is not covered by one of the other categories? This is the forum for all other items not specifically covered in other categories.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-14-2002, 21:08   #1 (permalink)
Phat Drift Damage Victim

Warning: Oil Pressure Switch/Sensor

Just thought I'd let you's know this, Just this week my falcon started to lose oil very rapidly, so much so there was hardly any oil left in it. The oil appeared to be coming from somewhere around the back of the engine but it ended up coming from Oil Pressure Sensor, it was leaking down onto the block, it then ran down the engine mount, onto the lip of the sump and down towards the back of the motor. The oil was coming out of the end of the sensor at the connector, much the same way the power steering switches like to leak, it was leaking so bad there was a constant stream of oil coming out of it while the engine was running.

I have since replaced it with a sealed one from repco that only cost $5.99. So just a warning if you have a drip of oil coming from the passenger side of ya engine or from the back of the engine check the oil pressure sensor. $6 is a small price to pay to save ya engine
Stock as a Rock for the moment

TQE's
XplodEd EA is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-15-2002, 00:00   #2 (permalink)
Formerly EAII_Fairmont

I have just had the exact same problem......after the car had been parked for about 5 mins there was a HUGE puddle of oil under it and it was getting worse. I was really dreading taking it to a mechanic, but I did. He said that it was the pressure switch so I changed it myself.

121kW 2.5L DOHC V6 in a car that weighs 1100kg's and looks like a 4 banger from the outside......SLEEPER!

1988 EA S Pak 3spd CFI.....Soon to be a 250rwkw HSV eating machine.
Latest update......MPFI!!
AUII_Forte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2005, 03:35   #3 (permalink)
confirmed Blue Blood

Re: Warning: Oil Pressure Switch/Sensor

I was luckier with mine... was in a KC Laser, and noticed a couple of spots on the ground under it... traced to find it was coming out of the middle of the sender... would appear to be a common thing, eh? Just as long as the light still comes on while it's p!ssing out your lubricant...
Blackwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech