Ford Forums banner

WARNING- optimax

4K views 20 replies 15 participants last post by  SiX_iN_a_RoW 
G
#1 ·
I have been warned on the latest batch of OPTIMAX. As i am now a temporary australian ( motorbike ) i filled the tank and it fouled the plugs. It took about 1/2 an hour to finally start it. That same night my mate fouled the plugs on his dato 1200 with a FJ turbo. Took him ages as well. The army has a heap of bikes that are out of action dues to the same problem.
Aparently it is due to being re-refined and just shit. So stay away if you can.
Matt

#6 ·
I have a couple of mates that if they use optimax in there dirt bikes & leave it in the tank until the next time they go out (couple weeks) it fouls the plugs & causes it to run like a bag of s*&%. Maybe it would be best to only buy it from a "busy" service station???

#7 ·
Hi,

I was talking to Nat (Mustang Chris's wife) about a dodgy batch of fuel I got on the way to bathurst. (Nat works for a petrol company)

She advised me that you should call the servo and / or the petrol company to advise them of this, as they are liable for any damage done to the car.

:)
Kelli S

#10 ·
It is a well known fact among us dirt bike riders that you stay away from Optimax because it leaves deposits and fouls plugs. For that reason I use Techron Gold in my KTM and have no problems. In fact when I bought the bike the dealer expressly told me not to use Optimax in it.

#11 ·
Well this confirms my theories then, seems Synergy 8000 and BP Ultimate is the way to go.

#14 ·
I've picked up one bad batch of Optimax in Port melb. I got a tank of mud for $1 a lt. Took me 6 weeks to clean out the fuel system.

I've run the XB 10.5:1 compression on optimax for 20,000k's without any issues but the above.

Never been back to that servo again.

Brenden

#15 ·
I used optimax in my 347 stroker and I have to say that even with very low kms the chambers etc were very sooted up when the engine came apart. I use Syn8000 in the FPV purely because I like the Mobil pay at the pump. I might switch to Techron Gold for a trial period but I know it works real well in my bike.

#20 ·
myxr6 said:
???? What is techron Gold ? Who Makes it ?
Damn cooking in aluminium pots and that alzheim..alzhime..altshim....dammit
Vortex Gold is what I meant:Stupid:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.