Ford Forums banner

water leak

3K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  EA Wagon 
#1 ·
I've got a slow but steady water leak in my ED XR6 and I tried to locate where the leak was but found myself unsuccesful. There are two drips under the car, one is coming from the belts at the front, just behind the radiator, and the other is back at the auto box just at the end of the sump. Where is it coming from? Could it be a broken head bolt?

#4 ·
if it is a coolant leak I would say that the leak at the front is most likely from the waterpump/split hose/stuffed clamps and the one at the rear is either the rear welsh plug or heater hoses

#7 ·
Well the new water pump is in, we'll see if that fixes it. Only cost me $40 so I'm pretty happy. I'll tell you one thing though, it took me a good couple of hours to get this bastard in. I had to remove the fan and the alternator and powersteering belts and the powersteering pump and all of the fan shrouding, and then of course take off the old pump and put on the new one...
All I can say is what a hassle for a little old water leak.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.