weird.... - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

General Tech Have a question that is not covered by one of the other categories? This is the forum for all other items not specifically covered in other categories.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-27-2004, 07:04   #1 (permalink)

weird....

Hey guys,

I started my girl up today to take my mate for a spin in it after the new cam was put in. needless to say he was very impressed, anyway,

when i started her up it spat out some oil out the back. almost like a light shower as if it was raining oil r something... it only lasted a min r so and it doesnt blow any smoke so its not burning oil. It doesnt use oil and it doesnt have any coolant in it so the head gasket is fine.... ive had the cam in for about 500kms now n this is the 1st time ive noticed it...

Any idea what it could be?

PS getting extractors tommorow :)

Cheers,
Keldo
Advertisement

Old 10-27-2004, 07:22   #2 (permalink)
Two SC 61's = trouble

Re: weird....

Condensation ? or oil leaking into inlet through gasget ?? Has the cam just been replaced ??? If it happens once on first start up then I wouldn't worry about it...
Passengers, myocardial infarction material..
R.I.P Possum...
ebxr8240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2004, 07:32   #3 (permalink)

Yeah just had the new cam put in. She's about due for an oil change so il see how it goes. DOnt think they changed the rocker cover gasket either so il chuck a new one in while im at it.

Its definately oil, its sticky n a brown oil colour.
Thanks for the advise
Keldo
Old 10-27-2004, 07:42   #4 (permalink)
Two SC 61's = trouble

If they have kept the std rocker cover gasgets..They are steel with rubber type gasget bonded..They should be fine to be re used..Check that bolts are tight though...
Passengers, myocardial infarction material..
R.I.P Possum...
ebxr8240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2004, 16:09   #5 (permalink)
82XE 351c

my xe does this, just build up of water and exhaust shit mixing ova hours, gets kinda thick... just get down and drill a tiny whole in the lower section of the muffler so it can drain
pracy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech