What The? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

General Tech Have a question that is not covered by one of the other categories? This is the forum for all other items not specifically covered in other categories.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-12-2003, 22:58   #1 (permalink)
I Love It Loud!!!

Tongue What The?

Ha Ha, my friend told me the funniest thing today.

An "Immo Super Charger"

The idea is so crazy that i'm actually wondering if it could work as a fun electrical effect. He reckons that he has enough space under his car to fit a pair of those water proof mariner speakers. ??? He has a SuperCharger switch that he wants to hook up to this pair of speakers. (One of those red-rocket launcher-looking switches)

He says when you click the turbo switch, a second cheapo CDplayer located under a seat (that is connected to the speakers underneith) turns on, with a CD that has a "sample noise" of a super charger boost! (FADES IN AND FADES OUT to your real engine again) Then when the sound sample is finished, the cheapo CD player switches off! HAHA, you could have the noisiest scareiest V8 BLOWER BOOST noise coming from the bottom of a 4 cyl if that worked!!!! People would freak out!!!!! All up he said it'd cost $200, but i don't think he'll do it. He's got me thinking now,... it WOULD freak out an awful lot of people.
What do u guys thinks about this idea?
Dean is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-12-2003, 23:23   #2 (permalink)
Team Galaxy Try Hard

prepare for the flaming young chap.......
Nevermind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2003, 23:30   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by Nevermind
prepare for the flaming young chap.......
lol....
Old 02-12-2003, 23:31   #4 (permalink)
I Love It Loud!!!

Whoa Whoa, wasn't my idea. - Just sharing some funny stuff that i heard, that's all :-p
Old 02-12-2003, 23:37   #5 (permalink)
Team Galaxy Try Hard

just search for "rice" and you'll find alot of topics relating to this sort of thing.
Nevermind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2003, 23:41   #6 (permalink)
I Love It Loud!!!

hee hee
Old 02-13-2003, 03:45   #7 (permalink)

I reckon it's a good idea.

Why spend all that money on the real thing. :)
Old 02-13-2003, 06:00   #8 (permalink)
falconS

what you mean, other than all the extra goodies you get on top of the supercharger noise, like.....supercharged power, faster acceleration, LOL
Old 02-13-2003, 15:02   #9 (permalink)
T5 Expert Operator

Reading this thread reminded me of my mate who owns a bogan VH commodore. He has this idea of forced induction using a high powered electric motor which he will duct the air from the electric motor into the carby. He calculates he will get 2psi-3psi from it and like wise will use a switch to give the engine a few more hp's.

Put it this way i cracked up when he told me about the idea, but he has been known to do some really elcheapo things to his car in the past.

AUII Late Ed XR6 HP T5 Venom- Full Tickford Body Kit, 17in Wheels, Herrod Bi-plane Spoiler, Momo Steer/Gear, T-Series Interior Options, Premium Stereo and a very light-tuned 4.0L I6

(FPV-Tickford Club of NSW Member and Co-Founding Member of 3FB Inc, Ford Forums Food Bandits)
XR_Strider_GuY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2003, 15:33   #10 (permalink)
Territory TS - AWD

Quote:
Originally posted by XR_Strider_GuY
Reading this thread reminded me of my mate who owns a bogan VH commodore. He has this idea of forced induction using a high powered electric motor which he will duct the air from the electric motor into the carby. He calculates he will get 2psi-3psi from it and like wise will use a switch to give the engine a few more hp's....
What, like this;
http://www.electricsupercharger.com

from this thread => Electric supercharger *cringe*

O/T - Did anyone ever see that Australian movie I think it was called Full Metal Jacket. A guy in that had his mum's 70's hairdryer type thingo plugged into his POS Val's air cleaner to make it go harder. Had a cool Charger in tyhe movie though.
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech