Ford Forums banner

What to do to get about 260kw out of 5 litre ?

3K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  russellw 
#1 ·
ok guys, looking at getting the XR moving a little quicker.
Not toooo sure what to do, whether to get 347 stroker, or just stick with 302.
whats your recommendations ? this is probably been posted millions of times.
but i have just set a mental goal of about 260-270 kw.

thanks

Luke

#3 ·
At the wheels or at the flywheel? A guy in our club put a supercharger on his 220Kw XR8. It had 160rwKw before and I think around 243 rwkw after. That's about 350Kw at the flywheel. You should be abkle to get at least 220rwKw from the 200Kw motor. All up cost of around $9000.

Cheap horsepower!

#6 ·
yeah if the finance can handle it go the new car.
But other wise I'd be stroking it and talking to Herrods.
You could get 260 at the flywheel with out to much trouble from a 5lt (cobra heads/manifold/ medium level block work blah) but it would be more drivable with the extra cubes

#7 ·
If i'm not wrong Herrods offers a 250kw engine package which includes upgraded exhaust, cam and computer tuning. I can hazzard a guess that teh engine would be quite lumpy with the new cam.

#12 ·
I went the Herrod 5.7 Stroker option. It's a good choice. If I were doing it again I'd be going with the bigger TB as well along with a slightly bigger cam.
Having said that the torque is awesome and fuel consumption has finally improved (hence the bigger TB).

I'm almost certainly only developing about 240ish at the fly but the base was the 200 kw small port head motor.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.